Holly Cole: Beautiful Jazz

by RAYZORBLADE 6 Replies latest social entertainment

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Holly Cole.

Ever heard of her? No? Really?

Anyways, she may not be Top 40, but she's a well respected and well known jazz singer.

Originally from Halifax, Nova Scotia. She moved to Toronto, probably about the same time I did, thankfully she was not a JW, and she persued her musical career in Canada's largest city.

http://www.hollycole.com

On her latest album: SHADE

There's a cover of the Beach Boys: "God Only Knows"

Oh hell, I wish some of you could hear it. It's hypnotic. It's breath-taking and so moving.

Anyone heard of Holly Cole?

Anyone have any jazz/blues independents that they'd like to share?

But seriously, she used to sing at the bar I work, back in the mid/late 1980s. She is really incredible. She can sing me into a tear-induced moment. Says plenty now doesn't it?

Check out her website. If you can, pick up her "SHADE" CD. It's beautiful.

And I'm NOT a jazz lover.

That says plenty.

Now there's a great Christmas gift idea.

• starfish422
    starfish422

I love Holly Cole, Ray. :) My favourite song is Neon Blue; it's a few years old but sooo smooooooooooth.

• Special K
    Special K

Is there a sample of her singing on line here anywhere?

Special K

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hey Special K, check this out:

http://www.hollycole.com/multimedia.html

There are some samples of her songs there. I just checked them, and they seem to work fine.

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

She's probably my favorite singer, her voice is so clean and clear and beautiful. I love so many of her songs, 'Don't Fence me in' is a fav as is 'I can see clearly now' and 'little boy blue'. thanks ray I'll have to get her latest CD.

Ven

• Special K
    Special K

Hi Ray.

I had a listen.

Her singing is so clear. Your ears don't fight to figure out the words. Nice and smooth ....

Very nice

special k

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Hi Ray,

Yes, Holly Cole is terrific! I just bought an old Ellah Fitzgerald cd yesterday but I'll think about Holly Coles's new one for my next purchase!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit