GDPR Warning for the Org?

by The Fall Guy 8 Replies latest social current

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

A UK organization has been fined £200,000 for accidentally breaching the Data Protection of numerous individuals.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44872880

How will JW Branches/Elders fare in the eyes of the law if they deliberately breach someone's privacy?

UK Elders/trustees, it may be time to take out liability insurance for yourselves!

• Bill Covert
    Bill Covert

That is very wise advice! Every elder should take out liability insurance. I have it for protection in my efforts .

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Satan's machinations, don't ya know!

Once again, out to get Jah's Organization. And he seems helpless to come to their aid lately!

Ya just gotta love it!

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

I just love news like this. The reason is because I definitely can see WT violating this often.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    LevelThePlayingField - "... definitely can see WT violating this often."

IMO, one of the Society's fundamental weaknesses.

The more the secular world publicly tells them to do (or not do) something, the more inclined the Org is to do the opposite, just out of sheer faith-based contrarianism.

Can't have "God's Earthly Organization" capitulating to "Satan's World", after all.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

The org will use this as justification for not revealing their pedo/files

Gotta keep those private

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    OrphanCrow - "The org will use this as justification for not revealing their pedo files. Gotta keep those private."

Pssh.

Good luck convincing anyone with half a brain of the validity of said "justification".

Seriously, only the most brainwashed loyalist would argue that keeping criminal activity secret even remotely resembles a good idea.

• NeedToKnow
    NeedToKnow
    Vidiot: Can't have "God's Earthly Organization" capitulating to "Satan's World", after all.

Yet Romans 13: "1 Let every person be in subjection to the superior authorities, for there is no authority except by God; the existing authorities stand placed in their relative positions by God. 2 Therefore, whoever opposes the authority has taken a stand against the arrangement of God; those who have taken a stand against it will bring judgment against themselves." Maybe they only abide by the worlds rules when it comes to appealing child sex abuse court cases where they've been ordered to pay damages?

I noticed when pasting the above scripture a spelling mistake in the word judgement. In Australia it needs an e after the g. Not sure if American english is different but this could explain why I have so many issues when using the search function on the jw app. Maybe they purposefully misspell words in the key scriptures so we can't find them.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ NeedToKnow...

Pshh.

Since when has the WTS not cherry-picked which scriptural admonitions to follow?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit