Trans-Siberian Orchestra

by TheSilence 8 Replies latest social entertainment

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Since being allowed to celebrate Christmas my family and I have been making traditions for ourselves. One of the things we do every year is see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra when their Christmas show comes through. For those of you not familiar with it... a lot of it is classical music played on electric guitars and electric violins... some of it is original... and most, if not all, is very good.

The concert, however, is *always* better than just listening to their CD because there is a narrator who tells a story between the songs and the songs fit and fill the story. It is a wonderful show... and as much as the idea of bastardizing Beethoven is distasteful it is absolutely awesome music.

Take the time to check them out... and if, next year, you have the opportunity to see them live I highly recommend it. It can be rough getting tickets because they only play one night in each city so they can get everywhere during the Christmas season. In fact they changed venues in St. Louis because Fox theater sold out so fast every year and Savvis Center has more seating.

Anyway, enough rambling. It was a wonderful night and I encourage everyone to check it out if they can.

Jackie ;)

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I love some of their music. I didn't realize they do concerts. I would go if they ever came here

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Lady Lee,

http://www.trans-siberian.com/

That is the link to their site. I doubt you could get to see them this year at this late date, though it's possible... but it does list the cities they tour.

Jackie ;)

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

They were in my town last night, as a matter of fact. By the time I heard they were coming, they were sold out. A good friend of mine got to go and I'm anxious to talk to her today to get her review of the show!

Our "tradition" over the last couple of years is that we play the "Christmas Eve and Other Stories" CD really LOUD while we decorate the tree!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Thanks for the link I have it bookmarked. Seems they don't tour in Canada.

We used the tune "Appalacian Snowfall" as our wedding recessional. I think it is so vibrant and joyful.

• missylissy
    missylissy

i just heard about them the other day. my piano teacher told me about them. i havent listened to them yet

-missy

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

missy go to their website and click on Multimedia for some clips

• waiting
    waiting

I've loved the songs I've heard by them over the years. Rather like Christmas carols on speed.

Gets you to move faster for sure. I have a CD (somewhere) of an opera kinda thing they did- quite odd (Beethoven or Bach or something).

They came thru Columbia SC a couple of weeks ago - but I missed it.

Damn the working class dogs.

waiting

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Ghost,

I listen to their CD's when I decorate, too ;)

Have you ever looked through the lyrics in your CD? They actually have the story between the lyrics in the booklet that the narrator tells. It's not the same as being there, but one day if you have a chance read the lyrics in the proper place while listening to the CD, it's really a neat little story.

Jackie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit