Traveling Overseers- Extended Training

by pillsbury 9 Replies latest jw friends

• pillsbury
    pillsbury

I have heard that the CO's and DO's are being systematically called back to NY for extended training. Now normally this is no big deal as they do go back from time to time for training BUT this time it is for a 8-9 week training course (without their wives). From what I have heard they are going to be emphasizing more oversite or control over the congregations from a circuit level (I am sure they are discussing other issues as well). Sorry I don't have any more info than that.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    without their wives

Poor things... how else are they going to satisfy their fleshly desires?

http://www.theonion.com/onion3216/lutheranloves.html (Warning... naughty content!)

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Pillsbury... this has actually been going on for over three years, and their wives do go with them.

According to one CO who attended, it's mainly procedural stuff. Of course, I don't know how true that characterization is.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

PROCEDURAL AND LEGAL STUFF ---- I will bet 10000 dollars that showing more love does not evebn get a mention -- funny I though that God is Love 1 John 4 vs 8 -- and Jesus showed it John 3 vs 16

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

I hear you, stilla! When I first heard about the schools, I was still a loyal dub, and I actually thought to myself: "Wow, this is great! They're probably trying to teach the CO's to focus more on the Bible and be more reasonable in dealing with the flock." I know, how beautifully naive of me.

• SadElder
    SadElder

We've been asking around about this 'school'. Even friends at Bethel haven't heard much. Have talked to a number of brothers across the country and the feeling is the same - not much flying around about it. So either it bored the hell out of them and they have nothing to say OR they were sworn to keep their mouths closed.

We'll be interested to see what turns up. Keep us posted please.

• Poztate
    Poztate

Oh let me guess.It might be the same old way they always use when the wife is not around.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Else,that was funny.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious
    Oh let me guess.It might be the same old way they always use when the wife is not around.

Of course not, that's a sin just ask the WTS. Hehe. As if that ever stopped anyone..

• simplesally
    simplesally

Yes, I heard the wives do go and get an assignment to work at Bethel during their stay.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit