What a dream

by seattleniceguy 2 Replies latest jw friends

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Just got up from a nap a little bit ago. I had the weirdest dream. I was reuniting with some non-Witness family members that I hadn't seen in a long time. Everything was going along normally until for some reason we were all in a Kingdom Hall. It wasn't very packed out - there were only around 20 people there, of which maybe 10 were Witnesses, but all the elders were there for some reason.

So in this really empty hall, to start the meeting, the brother goes up there and says that the CD player is broken, so instead he's hooked up a Casio keyboard to the sound system and he's going to turn on the drum machine to mark time for us. We all know the tune so it shouldn't be a problem.

The beat starts, and sure enough, it's a really cheesy drum machine groove, complete with the high-hat opening on the "and of four." The problem is, the drum beat is this totally disco 4/4 beat, but they song they've announced is in 6/8. I'm sitting there thinking, This should be amusing. The brother on the platform puts his hands up as if to conduct, but of course he doesn't know how to direct music, so he just kind of points and says, "Now!"

Nobody sings. You hear a couple sisters loyally make a half-hearted attempt, but they barely get through the first word before becoming confused. Everyone is standing there, scratching their heads. By this point, out of sheer sense of challenge, I'm trying to hum the song against the beat, or at least figure out how it would work. I'm scratching my chin, thinking, What kind of weird subdivision would you....

Meanwhile, every elder in the hall is up on stage, trying to figure out what to do. They're pacing around. I see cabinets opening and closing, slide projector screens coming down from the ceiling. Somebody's adjusting the podium. I can't help myself. I start to smirk and laugh out loud. These guys look like a pack of lunatics.

Finally, I start to feel embarassed for them. No one seems to know the obvious - the beat is incompatible with this song. I figure it would be far easier just to lose the Casio and sing without its "assistance." I'm even willing to lead the group. I stand up. I raise my hand and take a breath of air to speak and --

I wake up.

Pretty weird, huh?

• Odrade
    Odrade

LMAO!!! hmm... contrapuntal?

Odrade

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

sng Welcome to the board btw, if I haven't already done so

This dream thing. Umh.. How do I say this. The more you peruse and post on this board, the more you will dream about jw life.

Hopefully you dream of triumph over tragedy.

Peace

Sigmud Fraud

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit