Ian Huntley - GUILTY verdict returned.

by nicolaou 9 Replies latest social current

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

About an hour ago (11.00 GMT) the judge in the Soham murder trial called the jury back from their deliberations to instruct them that he would now accept a majority verdict of 11-1 or even 10-2 in the cases of both Ian Huntley and Maxine Carr. This represented a change in his previous instructions to the jury that they should return a unanimous verdict. It seems that perhaps 1 or 2 jurors were refusing to accede to the majority view and so this new instruction was intended to overcome this 'obstacle' in the interests of achieving a verdict.

It didn't take long.

Ian HuntleyCount 1 - Murder of Jessica Chapman (11-1) Guilty

Count 2 - Murder of Holly Wells (11-1) Guilty

Maxine Carr
    Count 3 - Assisting an offender - Not Guilty

Count 4 - Assisting an offender - Not Guilty

Count 5 - Conspiracy to pervert the course of justice (11-1) - Guilty

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

I am so glad this animal is going away for life, the cock and bull story he told was incredible.

It doesn't bring the girls back though, I feel for their families

• City Fan
    City Fan

I've just heard of his previous record - 4 indecent assaults on girls aged 12-15 and four accusations of rape, all over a 6 year period!

And Maxine Carr acted as his alibi in the last rape case.

GUILTY.

• City Fan
    City Fan

He had also changed his name (from Nixon) and then was able to get the job of school caretaker.

Checks on people just aren't good enough. The school sent his name to the police for checks but they came back negative. Two police forces should have come up with the information that he was on the sex offenders list and should not have got the caretakers job.

The police only searched on the name 'Nixon'.

• SM62
    SM62

11-1 Guilty - who the hell was the one who thought he wasn't guilty? His story was ridiculous. I hope he gets a 'nice' welcome from the inmates in prison. It's in cases like this when I wish there was a burning, fiery hell - the scum deserves nothing less.

Regarding the police checks - they are getting a lot stricter. My most recent CRB disclosure involved bringing in 3 pieces of ID which were checked and recorded by the organisation concerned plus the usual form-filling. I don't know how he got away with using a different name because I would have thought the police would discover that his alias didn't actually exist??? I'm pretty confused. What's the point in having these checks if all you need to do is give a false name!

Plus - I would like to walk all over Maxine Carr with hob-nail boots.

My heart aches for the poor families.

Terri

• Angharad
    Angharad

Huntley sentanced to two life sentences -I hope he rots

Carr sentenced to 3.5 years

His story was totally unbelievable. There should be an investigation as to how he got the caretakers job - the system of checks obviously failed badly

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3313303.stm - How the system failed

• City Fan
    City Fan

SM62

From what I gather the police force at Soham say they faxed Humberside police the two names Huntley and Nixon to check. Humberside police say they only received the name 'Nixon' to check. The faxes have since gone through the shredder so no-one knows which name or names were there to check!

Wouldn't ID cards with DNA, fingerprint and other information stop this kind of tragedy?

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Was this guy a Witness? I hadn't heard of this case before.

CG

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

no he wasn't, just a sick and twisted SOB who murdered two ten year old girls and disposed of the bodies. His story was that they were in his bathroom as one had a nosebleed and one banged their head on the bath and died. The second died as he strangled her trying to shut up her screaming, obviously an accident.

• Matty
    Matty

Sadly, the lurid sensationalism of the British media over this case was utterly disgraceful. Salaciously glorying in the horror, whilst at the same time trampling all over the bruised humanity of all those involved. And of course there were the grizzly tourists that descended upon Soham, supposedly to pay their ?respects?.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit