Sydney Convention

by why144000 6 Replies latest jw friends

• why144000
    why144000

Any reports on the International Convention at Telstra Stadium Sydney? The attendents and staff were checking for identification (lapel cards) big time on Sunday. They told a couple of young Bro's that they would not be allowed readmittance if they left the stadium and did not return with a lapel. Interesting times!

• Gadget
    Gadget

I noticed the thing with the badges at Manchester assembly last year, its never happened at the Newcastle assembly near me. They still let people in without a badge, but they were followed by security. And isn't the Sunday meant to be the 'public' talk, to invite everyone to?

• Room 215
    Room 215

So it's more ``cloak and dagger" stuff from the boys with ``the truth." What are they so afraid of? One more sign that they're ``circling the wagons" and turning increasingly inward. Very little pretense anymore that these conventions are venues for the public as well as JWs.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Seems quite unlike these words: "And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

• Rick Aust
    Rick Aust

I just came back from the sydney convention. at times I had my lapel card and at times I didn't..no big deal. I took some pictures, I may post them when I print them. I posted a question regarding the GB.

regards Rick

• brianhenke
    brianhenke
    I may post them when I print them.

I heard that the 500 or so people baptized was Australia's largest ever, JW or non-JW. I remember hearing that 1000 got dunked into the Borg in Melbourne many years ago...

• Rick Aust
    Rick Aust

Over 570 got batized , poor fools, they'll find out one day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit