What are the things that wake people up from the Watchtower Corporation?

by punkofnice 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

When I became an elder I saw the dark side. A side I previously believed couldn't possibly exist in the one true religion of the happiest people on earth.

Then they rolled out 'overlapping generations(tm)' and that was the last straw.

All my life I had doubts but surpressed them thinking I was at fault and not the cult leaders.

It seems more likely that now the Governing body are parading around like popes, wearing their expensive jewellery, that this will nauseate even dyed in the wool JWs.

I wonder if the wake up can be condensed into main categories?

1. Experiencing the cruel handling of matters by the WBT$ reps.

2. Crazy doctrine (EG. Overlapping generations).

Something/s must have started the deprogramming process for those of us that were under watchtower mind control.

Wadda ya think?

• cognac
    cognac

With me, an anointed brother taught me how to read the bible. He taught me how to question the bible and look for answers from the bible. I'd always just accepted the answers given to me for the most part.

That was the beginning of the end for me. I was full in, too...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    cognac - Was he 'awake' or was that an own goal?
  • cognac
    cognac

He never really admitted to anything. He was around for years, in Bethel in 1980, new I think Greek and Hebrew.

He was known as anointed, but, refused to talk about it. I asked him outright once, "Are you anointed?" He answered, "Well, I believe I'm going to heaven."

I hung out with his daughter and she once told me they were going to some religious convention but it wasn't a JW one.

I told him about my issues with the JW blood doctrine and he said I'd probably never have a satisfying answer to that. He said that if I'm ever in the situation, it's between me and God and to do what I feel is the right thing.

I think he knew ttatt but was undercover. Either that or he just did whatever the hell he wanted.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Cognac - Well, he either sounds like an under cover apostate(tm) or confused. There's probably other options I haven't thought of. He helped wake you up....that's the main thing.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Many wake up because of personally experiencing some form of abuse or lack of love.

Others though wake up because of doctrinal and scriptural quandaries that leave them perplexed.

So it could be summed up that some leave because of an "emotional" reason, others because of a "logical" reason....

In my case, the logical aspects were noticed first, then the emotional aspects just put the icing on the cake....

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    stuck - I think that narrows it down to 2 things nicely.
  • leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly
    Mine was a combination of the two. A personally emotional situation at home forced me to research the issue and the organization's rules on the matter could not be backed up scripturally. While the emotional situation has not subsided, the fact that the organization's policies on the matter were clearly man-made started me down the path of doctrinal research. First up: overlapping generations. The rest, as they say, is history.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    LQ - Yes. Once you discover it's man made, it all explodes like a rubber band ball.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

punkofnice - What are the things that wake people up from the Watchtower Corporation?"

Once again, I really don't think there's enough server space... :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit