Aggressive JWs in my area

by Alex Bogdanov 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Alex Bogdanov
    Alex Bogdanov

I was called an "ugly person" by a JW because of my book. This sister said that she doesn't mind me not being a JW but she hates me because I trashed JWs in my book. I told her that I didn't trash it I just wrote what I have learned about the Org in 15 years. And I had to remind her that my book is not about JWs. But I have a fictional character an ex JW and I wrote a few paragraphs on JWs, not a whole book. She was surprised that her insult didn't affect me. First of all I know JWs very good. I have seen with my own eyes how much they hate people and how much they are jealous. So since I am DFed I knew they will use every opportunity to insult me if they will see me. Secondly brothers and sisters who know me know that there is no point to argue with me as I have good knowledge of the Bible. I didn't leave Org for fun, I left it for very strong and serious reasons. So JWs who know me have nothing else to do but to insult me. It just shows how lost are JWs since the Armaggedon was postponed.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    First of all I know JWs very good. I have seen with my own eyes how much they hate people and how much they are jealous. So since I am DFed I knew they will use every opportunity to insult me if they will see me. Secondly brothers and sisters who know me know that there is no point to argue with me as I have good knowledge of the Bible.

As JWs we were taught to quietly look down on non-JWs and put down any accomplishments they may achieve. Everything in this system is just not good enough for a JW, except the organization, whatever they do is perfect and good. Sometimes I think people are even more jealous of faders and inactive ones because they aren't following the rules (field service, meetings, prayer) but haven't been punished. Secretly many JWs would love to skip those things themselves but don't have the will to do so.

• steve2
    steve2

Describing a JW as "aggressive" because she calls you an "ugly person" and hates you is interesting. It implies that she is somehow violently confronting you. I know it's not nice to be hated, but cannot people hate you without their being accused of also being aggressive?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

When reading your account i noted a detail missing.. the start of this encounter. Did she walk up to you, a stranger, and declare you an ugly person? Or is there some context?

• Perry
    Perry

I have looked at your mug shot. After close scrutiny and conferring with my wife, I would like to affirm that you are not an ugly person.

There. That settles it.

• Alex Bogdanov
    Alex Bogdanov

JW Rogue. Yes, true. I think a lot of JWs have that desire, but are to afraid to do something.

Steve2. When people are trying to insult someone face to face in my opinion that is aggression. I don't mind how they call me amongst them. I would never tell a negative word to a JW on the street

Morpheus. I live in a small town and I come across JWs many times. Only in last 4 months they were on ministry twice in my area. Long story short. I met this sister on the street she anted to have a chat. She came to me and asked a few questions. She tried to make a point that I have left as a mistake and that one day I will change my mind. I have explained to her that it won't happen. She asked me do I really think that GB is using people and doesn't care about them. I confirmed it. She became angry and out of nowhere called me an ugly person because she thinks that GB cares about her personally. I thanked her for a good chat and left.

Perry. Thank you very much đź‘Ť

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Being called an ugly person by a 28yo virgin wouldn't upset me at all.

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks. Your clarification helped me better understand your use of the word “aggression”. Sounds like it was a very unpleasant encounter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit