feeling nothing in common

by enoughisenough 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I feel like there may be some old JW friends that I could call- they may not know I left JW- but somehow I am not inclined to. I would have to play a game with them...I feel like I have nothing in common with them anymore. I feel like if I did talk to them, I would want to tell them they have been duped and that will go over like a wet balloon.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Yes, I sometimes feel a caring curiosity about some who I thought of as close friends. I wish them health and happiness as a friend would do, but I'm not inclined to try to find them to rekindle a friendship, time has passed, lives have changed. I have new friends and a new life. It's quite natural I suppose. Kinda like old girlfriends, some things best left behind.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I feel affection for the many friends we left behind in the mental prison that is J.W org. But, BIG BUT, I know I have nothing in common at all with them now, and when I speak with J.W family members I am still conscious of the need to "tread on eggshells", so conversation is stilted.

Having been out for so long, I am not the person I was when I was in, I feel that I never was a J.W, I know I have the memory of the experience, but nothing of what the JW org put in me is there any longer. I have no desire to speak to religious weirdos of any stripe.

I love the company of my real friends, who have never been J.W's, I relax and am the real me with them, a pain in the arse I expect, but they don't care. My friends, and non-JW family that I have bonded with in recent years, are the most lovely, truly great people, J.W.s with their conditional "love" and "friendship" are not.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

When I was in the cult, I had no choice but to be 'friends' with people that I would otherwise avoid because of they are either bonkers or just not my type of associate.

Luckily, now I'm free from these dopes, I can choose my own muckers.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

I feel for all those friends who are still blinded - just as I was by the cult at one time.

I can't judge the average JW in congregations. I'd willingly wager that I was far more zealous than most of them, in both my field service hours and my reverence of the org.

As for those who dictate to the sheeple - from elders up to the G.B. - they know what they're doing is vile.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit