Episode Ten - DJ is shunned by Jehovah's Witnesses - Is Live Now!

by dubstepped 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

After taking March off because our 18th wedding anniversary coincided with when I normally release an episode, and after releasing so much with David's story in February (which I even updated in March), I'm back with a new episode of the "shunned" podcast. Here is the summary, taken from shunnedpodcast.com/episodes. It is available on iTunes (Apple Podcasts), Google Play, or wherever you get your podcasts from:

Yet another person has their life impacted by the cult of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Listen as DJ recounts his life growing up in the cult as well as his awakening and eventual path out. There are so many things going on behind closed doors, so many things that don’t appear to be what they are, and so many arbitrary rules and the accompanying shame that comes along with them throughout a life as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. DJ has some unique aspects of his family story regarding substance abuse and substance use, an interesting dichotomy in how things are viewed and regulated based on the opinions of men.

DJ chose a song to represent his journey by Tash Sultana called Murder to the Mind.

Here are some resources that helped DJ in his path out:

The Joe Rogan Experience – Joe interviews fascinating characters and thought leaders to bring their perspectives on living to life.

Lloyd Evans’ book The Reluctant Apostate and his Youtube channel called John Cedars.

And last, but certainly not least, the book that every ex-JW should read, from a former leader of the cult himself (Ray Franz), the book Crisis of Conscience. This book has just recently been re-released to great fanfare in the ex-JW community.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Thanks!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

You're quite welcome! I've got an office building to clean today and I'll probably listen myself even though I did the interview and went through it with the edits. My wife always listens to each episode before I release it just to try to catch anything I missed. So now it's my turn again. And DJ gets to hear it for the first time today himself. New podcast day is always fun.

• Lett The Shunning Begin
    Lett The Shunning Begin

Hi dubstepped,

Always appreciate what you are doing to help others. Keep up the good work!

• Lett The Shunning Begin
    Lett The Shunning Begin

Also, a belated Happy Anniversary 😀 To you and your wife.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Thanks LTSB! It seems an appropriate name for someone that is a fan of the podcast. I've got a treat in store for next month that I announce at the end. It will be a non-ex-JW story, but ohhhhhh man, it is a story that needs to be told and heard. It is amazing how many similarities there are between JWs and groups that even a JW would call a cult.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Happy Anniversary!

Imagine: married for 18 years, and ALL of them in the 21st century, a century that the WT said we'd be under the kingdom by no later than. 🙄

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Thanks NBD!

Lol, I still remember pressure washing a parking lot with another brother the night of Y2K. I also remember driving a car, graduating high school, getting married, turning 40, all things I would never do in this system.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit