Stephen Lett at our assembly today

by StarTrekAngel 107 Replies latest jw experiences

• millie210
    millie210
    berrygerry11 hours ago"How did Abel witness his own birth?" as indicated by your "glorious one" (2 Pet. 2:10), Stephen Lett.

Hi Berry (or anyone who can shed light on this)

Where did Lett say that Abel witnessed his own birth? I could not find that statement.

Most of the info in the transcript of Letts talk is word for word copy/paste from the book they are studying at the midweek meeting now. I think it is called the Imitate book?

Another example of them quoting themselves instead of thinking.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Millie210... I think the part they are quoting is this:

Another thing, Abel could trust in God's promises. Adam and Eve told him (Abel) about God's promises when they were expelled from the Garden. Abel could see God's word had come true. Jehovah told Eve her labor pain would increase. (there was no period) Abel could see Jehovah's promise came true when Eve bore children.

I think what Lett was saying is:

Adam and Eve told Abel what God said to Eve in the Garden of Eden. Eve had many children.

Abel saw more and more brothers and sisters born...

He could see his mom cry out in pain....

He was able to witness the fact that what Jehovah said would happen to Eve came true... That Eve would have pain while having children.

• millie210
    millie210

Thank you for finding that for me cha ching.

Your explanation makes a lot of sense, I agree that is what he was trying to say.

Too bad he cant express himself well and leaves his words open to such confusion.

Seems that would be covered in Public Speaking 101.

• zeb
    zeb

My feeble understanding of Eve and her birth matters is this. That the term for pain as used in reference to birth is different to the term used for pain in an injury or assault. ie. Eve would give birth in pain as distress as she knew she had stuffed up and all her offspring were now cursed to age and die. But of course the wt is ever hung up on people suffering so they go for the 'pain'.

cheers!

Imagine a comedy sketch where the happy naked couple are sitting under a tree and Adam says "Look out Eve." he grabs the snake and kills it.

Yeah right! that puts a different aspect on things eh?

• Finkelstein
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    Fink......that shiii is f#$@% funnnnnny!!!!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

**Fink......that shiii is f#$@% funnnnnny!!!!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂**

lol.

• Listener
    Listener
    Zeb - My feeble understanding of Eve and her birth matters is this. That the term for pain as used in reference to birth is different to the term used for pain in an injury or assault. ie. Eve would give birth in pain as distress as she knew she had stuffed up and all her offspring were now cursed to age and die. But of course the wt is ever hung up on people suffering so they go for the 'pain'.

Thank you for this understanding, it's far from being feeble. He had already told them that they would die if they ate from the forbidden tree, would he then inflict additional discipline after the fact?

Genesis 3:16
    o the woman He said, "I will greatly multiply Your pain in childbirth, In pain you will bring forth children; Yet your desire will be for your husband, And he will rule over you."17Then to Adam He said, "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat from it'; Cursed is the ground because of you; In toil you will eat of it All the days of your life.…
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry
    Hi Berry (or anyone who can shed light on this)

Where did Lett say that Abel witnessed his own birth? I could not find that statement.

Quote was:

Adam and Eve told him about God's promises when they were expelled from the Garden. Abel could see God's word had come true. Jehovah told Eve her labor pain would increase Abel could see Jehovah's promise came true when Even bore children.

The Bible explicitly gives the order of Adam having intercourse (only twice - doesn't explain Abel's conception - why state intercourse to procreate Cain, and intercourse to procreate Seth, but not Abel) with Eve, and their first three children: Cain, Abel, and Seth.

Nowhere is there any indication of children having been born between Abel and Seth.

Eve proclaimed that Seth was a replacement for her dead son Abel. (Gen 4:25)

If Seth were a replacement for Abel, and there are no recorded children between those two, then how did Abel witness Eve's agony of childbirth?

• sir82
    sir82

Same talk given by a GB "helper" at our CA recently.

So, how deep were the crowds surrounding Lett? 20 deep? 30? 50? How many took selfies with him? How many asked for his autograph? Did you see any "green handshakes"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit