Stephen Lett at our assembly today

by StarTrekAngel 107 Replies latest jw experiences

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    dont know about you but to me some of it qualifies as hate speech.
  • the girl next door
    the girl next door

Imitate Jah, Jesus, the angels and.....the elders. But be careful because elders screw up. Don't worship them because if you do, when they fail, it will draw you away from "the truth". Lots of time spent on elders. Pretty much the same drip as always, except elders are leaving in droves and rank and file are following them out. Thus the speech.

Good note taking. Thanks for posting.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Abel could see Jehovah's promise came true when Eve bore children.

Abel witnessed his own birth? That's a good trick.

At the moment of his thievery he was an atheist.

So, Satan and the demons believe in God (and shudder), but Achan was a "temporary" atheist.

Rotten meat that smells good.

That's also a good trick.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    The fact that Letto the clown became the leader of any religion continues to astound me, I would not have voted for him for dog catcher. His exaggerated facial expressions make me uncomfortable, I have a hard time forcing myself to look. I can't decide if he is a simpleton, or evil incarnate, his rubber face a result of an unsuccessful attempt to hide a deficit of the soul. Either way he scares me. Had I still been a JW when he started making these videos I would have had to start asking myself some hard questions.
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Why so cynical, LisaRose?

I definitely would have voted for him as dogcatcher! Perfect career choice for him.

At any rate, that second talk was ridiculous in so many ways. There was no clear theme, poor and rambling development, and a ridiculous propensity to fabricate illustrations that are dubious in their efficacy.

Elevators? Herons? Welfare fraud? (People certified 85% disabled and yet working fulltime in the ministry?)

My TMS evaluation:

"I award you no points and may God have mercy on your Soul."

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Haha we beg for it and now that shit's way too long too read. Thanks StarTrek, I'll get to it.

I dont know, Berry - it was absurd wasn't it?? God I could just tell the server was ticked off about it every time too.

#cultlife

• Makemeanunbeliever
    Makemeanunbeliever
    Moses had a speech impediment. God doesnt choose what we think he should choose. His advice was sound.
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry
    Moses had a speech impediment. God doesnt choose what we think he should choose. His advice was sound.

When Jesus finished these sayings, the effect was that the crowds were astounded at his way of teaching

.Students are not greater than their teacher. But the student who is fully trained will become like the teacher.

The crowds were astounded by Jesus' teaching because of its quality, not because he was a buffoon. Of all of JW's, the GB should be "fully trained," and like Jesus, should they not?

(BTW - can you respond to Abel witnessing his own birth?)

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Yes, Jehovah doesn't choose what we think he should choose, but does that mean we abandon all critical thinking? There is a huge difference between a speech impediment, which doesn't affect your thinking processes, and whatever is going on with Lett. There are a number of very good leaders and speakers in the organization, intelligent and well spoken, true believers (even if mislead, in my opinion), so why would Jehovah choose this clown over them?

There are many people joining lately who are here directly as a result of these videos, they can no longer believe in an organization that would choose this person as a leader, as there is obviously something very wrong with him. Seriously, what would it take for you to lose faith in the governing body if these videos do not do so? Does his overly animated expressions and simplistic speaking skills not bother you at all? What would it take to make you question things?

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Lett reminds me of the host of a children's show I used to watch on TV when I was six years old. His exaggerated expressions and tone of voice makes me think that Lett thinks his audience is made of kids ages 4 to 8 years old, or adults with the mental capacity of children in the 4 to 8 year old age group.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit