Jehovahs witnesses named and shamed for refusing to join redress scheme in australia

by UnshackleTheChains 9 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• UnshackleTheChains
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The others sound like pretty small outfits compared with JWs.

JWs really stand out as being the only major organisation not to join compared with 224 organisations in addition to government agencies who have joined.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Not going to happen. The Watchtower hates children.

They have historically strongly discouraged even having children. They have never had a children's program at their services because they care nothing about them. They keep them socially isolated so that it stunts their social development. As a 5 and 6 year old, I remember getting beat with a belt more than once on the Kingdom Hall front porch for fidgeting during the long 2 hour meetings on Thursday nights.

The Watchtower's "Childrens" books like Paradise Lost & My Book of Bible Stories are filled with images of violence against children designed to traumatize and destabilize their development.

They glorify the death and abuse of children, mock and patronize them, shun them for stupid stuff like smoking, weaponize family ties against them etc.

Why was this image changed? Is it because he was disfellowshipped for lusting after the little girl and his wife remarried a nice Asian man instead? And, is that what I think it is next to his song book pointing toward her backside?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Mmm, at one time I would have thought that was a crazy explanation for the picture change, but who knows? What a crazy, bad world we live in.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    What a crazy, bad world we live in.

And the religion we were part of, which we thought was 'no part of the world,' is as bad and as crazy as they come.

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

A Government under Satan's control gives the JWs another opportunity to join the redress scheme and apologize to the victims . Let's hope they take for the sake of the victims , but I very much doubt it .

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

The Evil Satanic World has offered them a second chance to do the right thing. Doing the right thing would be an admittance of guilt and we know that admitting they were wrong would be the same as saying that Jehovah isn't inspiring their every move. First and foremost, it would also open them up for further law suits and that's what the big concern is here.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

what was the date of the video about the redress scheme? Was it some time ago ? And what is happening about those who don`t join now ? I haven`t seen or heard anything for quite some time.

just asking .

• cofty
    cofty

It was uploaded to YouTube on 1 July

• careful
    careful

You have to wonder whether, if there are some government restrictions put on them for not joining up, this will then be viewed as persecution!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit