Are You Doing too Much? (Using their words against them)

by Funchback 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Funchback
    Funchback

Taken from Awake! No. 4 2017 (Are you doing too much?)

1 THE DESIRE TO PROVIDE WELL FOR ONE’S FAMILY

In an effort to position their children for future success, some parents overschedule both their children and themselves with various activities. The writer ignores all of the overscheduling caused by the WT org itself. Meetings, family study, individual study, prepration for meetings, field service. Those are just the JW things! Add that burden to the other things kids need to do (study for school, interact with peers, go to school...just to name a few).

2 THE BELIEF THAT ‘MORE IS BETTER’

“Instead of quitting [work] early,” observed Elizabeth Kolbert, staff writer for the New Yorker magazine, people “find new things to need”​—and these things cost money and time. In the JW universe, don't they stress that more is better? Devote more time to personal study; consider pioneering; more ways to donate money; worldwide publisher growth.

3 TRYING TO SATISFY THE EXPECTATIONS OF OTHERS

Some employees work grueling hours to avoid displeasing their employer. Some, if not most, JWs put in grueling hours of field service to avoid displeasing the elders (especially the men trying get a promotion at JW Corp). Coworkers can also exert pressure by making others feel guilty if they do not stay late. Your JW peers can also exert pressure by making you feel guilty if you miss a meeting or skip field service for a weekend. And then there is economic uncertainty, which can make people more willing to work longer hours or to be constantly on call....especially after Armageddon has been postponed time and time again.

Similarly, parents can feel pressured to conform to the hectic pace of other families. If they do not conform, they may feel guilty about “depriving” their children. Oh, you mean like when one compares his or her own family to that super so-called spiritual family, feeling the need to be more like them?

4 THE PURSUIT OF STATUS AND SELF-FULFILLMENT

Tim, who lives in the United States, says: “I loved my work, and I worked at full throttle all the time. I felt that I had to prove myself.” Yes, Timmy. We all have been there/done that (especially brothers moving up in JW ranks). Status and self-fulfillment runs rampant in JWdom.

• steve2
    steve2

Parallels = Hypocrisy.

• Funchback
    Funchback

All day, steve2.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Compare the cost to benefit. With work, you are giving up your time but you are making more money. With recreation, you are giving up time but you are having fun. Only you decide whether the time is worth more than the reward.

But, with jokehovianism, you are throwing away time and money for negative value. Do you really feel better after a boasting session? Or what about the headache you get after a big boasting session from donating your energy to joke-hova to enslave the whole world? That energy is being put to ensure you, and your family, all receive microchip implants by the end of 2017. Or field circus--this waste of time and resources is not leading to anything but more tyranny.

And do you learn anything worthwhile at the boasting sessions? Chances are good that you "learn" that sex is wrong, hardships (stupid ones at that) are good, and that joke-hova owns everything. This is communism, and being there simply donates your energy to ensure your being microchipped, bar-coded, and enslaved under the worst conditions imaginable with scarce food of lousy quality. For nothing. Better to do more at work, at rest, or at play (or all three) and less for joke-hova.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

WatchTower Is Full Of Shit?!...

Image result for sarcastic what a surprise

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit