You think this would work on JW's?

by BettyHumpter 7 Replies latest jw friends

• BettyHumpter
  • enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I knew a witness man who was gay and when the person at the door said they were gay, he told them he was too. ( nothing like getting on common ground ) I don't know if he ever called back on them or not. I think he wanted to. ( he liked being around other gay men ) I will tell you a sad commentary about this man ( now passed away) He said he couldn't have men friends or he was suspect and he couldn't have women friends or he was suspect. He married and it messed his head up so bad, he couldn't live with her. They remained friends until he died and in the mean time, he was living in another state from his wife and the unmarried sisters in the congregation were falling all over themselves to get his attention...( he had a small business and they would come and work for free ( under the guise of learning his trade )so as to be around him He wasn't divorced ( didn't want to ) Maybe they thought she would die and they would be a shoo in. One of said sisters was a pioneer and when he died she went to get a kitchen table from his rental and the landlord told her it belonged to him and she told him she wasn't leaving without the table because she had shared many meals with him at that table. The landlord said he would never step foot into the KH again after the way the horrid woman acted.

in answer to the questiion about the door mat, if he/she is gay, he will stay! Actually I think most would feel like they should try to "save" them.

• Smiles
    Smiles
    You think this would work on JW's?

From what we see in the Jade & Nita soap opera videos, those JW street carts are where same sex persons can:

• meet
    • start bible study dating
    • develop a witty friendship
    • then later move in together at the same flat.
  • enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

story: a few years back, 2 sisters were do cart work at a festival. They sat in two chairs fairly close together for the most part while they waited and watched for interest in the literature. So one of the sisters had gotten up to talk to someone and a lesbian approached and wanted to sit in the empty chair because she had assumed she had met one of her own kind. The sister told her she could sit and attempted to witness to her. The lesbian finially went and got her girlfriend and introduced her to the witness telling her they were J W.

• Smiles
    Smiles

2 for 1 bible study opportunity. JWs can't resist.

• jhine
    jhine

My Granddaughter once told JWs at her door that the family were devil worshippers. Funnily enough they never had another call .

Jan

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It depends on the Jobot. I know those that would see it as an opportunity to 'convert(tm)' those in residence.

Jan - When I was a Jobot, I used to get people saying they were Satanists too. It didn't bother me, I just thought they were being childish to get rid of me. I called a few out on it.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

What punk said. It actually surprised me how quick the Mormons gave up here, and while there might be a few JWs that get scared off I think most would laugh it off or tell the car group but still try to talk to the householder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit