Why did Jesus not start his ministry till 30?

by LadyBug 24 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Outnfree,

I so WANT to believe in a God/dess of Unselfish Love!

I think I know where you are coming from, and can only say that, IMO, that WANT is a very good reason to keep a healthy dose of realistic skepticism on hand. I can't help but think that if there is a God/dess of unselfish love, they won't hold that reasoned skepticism against anyone. After all, it's one of the healthier traits they built into us.

• kes152
    kes152

Hey terraly,

you said:

"That's why I've always liked the idea that Jesus really was God incarnate, God actually getting subjective, first-hand knowledge of what it was like to be human.

Actually, God ALREADY KNEW what it was like to be human. It was Jesus who did not know what it was like to "experience" human.

Otherwise, Jesus could not say respecting the Father:

"For he himself WELL KNOWS (as in experienced) the formation of us, KNOWING that we are dust."

Psalms 103:14

Jesus, while living IN the flesh said:

"The flesh is of NO USE AT ALL."

John 6:63

First-hand experience wouldn't you say?

God, was already a Savior to Israel. When Jesus was eventually "made perfect" he BECAME a Savior to Israel. A merciful High Priest who can sympathize with our weaknesses just like the Father did.

Hebrews 5:9
    Hebrews 4:15
    Romans 9:15
    John 5:19

The Father "knew" flesh, so there was nothing the Son could reveal to the Father. It was the Father who revealed it to the Son. Thus, the Son lived BECAUSE of the Father and PLEADED to the Father when issues with his flesh "came up."

John 6:57
    Hebrews 5:7

May you have peace,
    Aaron

• Francois
    Francois

Terraly

Spot on, my friend.

And that's just my point about the difference between "...coming to know God..." and "...taking in knowledge about God..."

In the former, much effort, and struggle, and sincerity is required. But the payoff!!

In the latter, no effort, no struggle, no sincerity or even intellectual integrity is required. But the Borg translates that scripture like it does because it doesn't even want to imply that you can get to know God without their "help," or that the relationship between yourself and God is direct, thus not requiring any damned organization. That's just why they have deliberately mistranslated that scripture.

Again, spot on. But I fear you cast your pearls before swine.

Francois

• LadyBug
    LadyBug

Thank you all for your comments

Francoise

And we think we can trust and entire book full of stuff to be accurate over four thousand years? C'mon.

As I said in my previous post "This has led me to believe (my personal opinion) that most of the bible is not true. As to the gospels I haven't yet determined."

HINT: Remember all those scriptures that say: "Be still and know"?
    Please explain.

I'm a seeker too, and I'd be willing to show you what I've found, if you'd be willing to show me what you've found. Deal?

I'm always interested in what others believe. I don't go along with a lot of what you say, but hey I personally think that every one has a degree of truth in what they believe. You can learn something from everyone. So you've got a deal.

Outnfree

So, say, 13 before you can become an unbaptized publisher and actually preach yourself? And 30 before you can dedicate your life?

Does sound good doesn't it.

If anyone else has ideas as to how we really go here and what our future is I would be very interested to here it.

BEW

• smiddy
    smiddy
    Bump

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit