Any atheists here? Have you come to terms with your new reality?

by kpop 102 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

Yes as we see from your posts above you can make the bible mean absolutely anything you wish.

Nothing that you have said even begins to meet the challenge. Nothing but sophistry..

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The point I was making is that Jesus was well aware of natural disasters and it apparently didn't stop his faith in God. Therefore your claim that natural disasters are incompatible with Jesus' God is at the very least problematic.

• cofty
    cofty
    The point I was making is that Jesus was well aware of natural disasters and it apparently didn't stop his faith in God. Therefore your claim that natural disasters are incompatible with Jesus' God is at the very least problematic.

The text you used to try to prove your point was totally useless to that end but you persisted nevertheless.

If it ever crossed Jesus' mind how a tsunami could be reconciled with a god of love he never shared his thoughts.

Of course the two can't ever be reconciled therefore we can safely conclude Jesus was deluded.

it apparently didn't stop his faith in God

He thought he was god. If he was live today he would be on a par with David Ike

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Jesus thought he was God?

I think it is relevant to point out that Jesus was aware of natural disasters and that it didn't dent his belief in God in the context of a claim that natural disasters are incompatible with Jesus' God.

• cofty
    cofty
    Jesus was aware of natural disasters and that it didn't dent his belief in God

Translated as "I have not got the first clue how to reconcile dogma with reality but I know of a man who lived 2000 years ago who probably might have known what the answer might be - but actually he never even left us a hint."

That is the most pathetic example of christian apologetics I have ever witnessed. Christians will be thinking you are trying to defend their beliefs just to make them look bad.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

To answer the original question.... Once I found out that YHWH was just another good and the bible jewish propaganda I realized I would die and their would be no resurrection..... It was shocking, cruel and disturbing for over 5 years.... Now however although i am not fully over it I have found comfort in two things...

1. The particles in our body are in a state of flux... if the multiverse theory is true (and it looks likely) then although i die here I may no die somewhere else that same day...

2. The goal of humanity as far as I can see is to leave a the world a slightly better place then how you found it... not hard and the fact that you are asking the question ou have in this topic shows you are capable of that.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I don't know if Jesus had any good reasons for reconciling his belief in God and disasters, but it appears he accepted both, is all I'm saying. Therefore it's misleading to say disasters are incompatible with Jesus' God when Jesus himself acknowledged disasters.

It's like how sometimes atheists will imply you can't be a scientist and believe in God. And all you have to do is point out the many prominent scientists who believe in God, which refutes the claim.

If you say you can't believe in the God of Jesus in light of suffering from natural disasters. It is of course relevant to point out that Jesus himself apparently believed in his God despite natural disasters that he spoke about.

• Ozman
    Ozman

After reading the all the great responses on this topic, an analogy came to mind:

I imagined I was born but never knew my real parents. I was brought up by an adoptive family who told me about them, but they never gave me any proof my real parents were alive. I was told that my real parents knew everything about me & would express their approval or disapproval of me via my adoptive parents. I then reach an age where I decide to search out & meet my real parents. I research my history & leave messages with everyone who may be able to shed some light on where they are. I begin to hope they may search for me because I had been told they knew all about me. I decide to leave my adoptive family & come to the conclusion that my real parents do not exist. I no longer feel guilty about not pleasing them. I also do not receive their praise when I have done something good. I go through a period of transition, from an old mental paradigm to a new one. Life is ever changing. Nothing stays the same. Coming to terms with the uncertainties of life is what makes life spontaneous & alive. Sometimes it's a little scary, other times it's exciting. I'm alive.... & for now, that's all the matters! 😊

• smiddy
    smiddy

In answer to the OP ?

MY BLOODY OATH .I HAVE

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

I'm jealous at the people who have found peace in atheism. I'm not ready for that step and I'm not sure if I ever will. Accepting that there is no one true religion was no problem for me. But finding out that miracles/events such as turning water in wine, salvation through a blood sacrifice, riding on an ass have Greek/Roman origins scares the shit out of me. It would really hurt me if even a historical figure like Jesus would be "pagan" and a fraud.

I tell you, cleaning up the hard-disc never was so hard!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit