Any atheists here? Have you come to terms with your new reality?

by kpop 102 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty
    My mother recently died......my father and elder brothers didn't even call me while she was in hospice......When I found out a month later, by only the sheer power of the Holy Spirit...... - Perry

Why did the holy spirit let you know a month too late?

• deegee
    deegee

Perry,

According to the WT ​February 2017 par.12, p.26 - "The Governing Body is neither inspired nor infallible."

So the GB has admitted that God/the Holy Spirit does not speak to /communicate with them. Yet you claim that the Holy Spirit spoke to you/communicated with you belatedly regarding your mother's death.

So the Holy Spirit contacts you but not the GB?

Why would the Holy Spirit contact/speak to/communicate with you but not the GB?

Isn't the GB equally seeking God's will and praying to him, so why isn't God answering them, communicating with them, speaking with them, contacting them?

Also, didn't Jesus promise that he would send the Holy Spirit, the helper, to teach, remind, guide etc persons into all the truth?

John 14:16 - 17, 26:
    "And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— the Spirit of truth............But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you."

John 15:26:
    “When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me."

John 16:7,13 - 15:
    "But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.
    But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you."

Apparently the GB is way, way down on Jesus' and the Holy Spirit's list?

• deegee
    deegee

Perry,

According to you, your mother's soul lives on after she died, so, have you heard from your mother since she died?

Please let us know if you do.

Please be sure to ask your Mom about her conversations with God and what he told her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit