Any leaked GB expense receipts?

by Bad_Wolf 7 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

I heard how in the 80's the GB always flew first class, nice resort hotels, etc. There are the photos of geoffrey with his 17k apple watch, etc. Unless they are paying for cash, many of these things would have a paper trail on credit card statements, etc. Surprised none of those have ever been leaked, or have they?

• sir82
    sir82

IF there is a paper trail, it is guarded by the loyalest of the loyal. Little chance of a leak.

Expensive possessions like watches, jewelry, etc. may be gifts from wealthy JWs currying favor.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Most likely they were "gifts" from their congregation.

Televangelist Creflo Dollar has a private jet and a rolls royce. When asked about it by a journalist he said "those were gifts from my congregation, you dont turn down a gift!"

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I fly pretty frequently for work and get upgraded maybe 40% of the time to first class and the rest of the time to the 2nd tier economy plus with more legroom. I always buy a coach ticket. That's a free perk for individuals that have obtained certain status. I'm just flying domestically in the US. These guys fly internationally quite frequently. Plus domestically. I would venture to guess most of them have qualified for the top tier frequent flyer status and would be at the top of the list for upgrades. Also, many companies (mine included) allow you to book business class for international flights.

Remember, this is a business. The GB are the top executives of a multi-billion dollar business. Many companies top executives actually fly a private jet.

I also think the expensive possessions are likely gifts from wealthy JWs to curry favor.

While it's hypocritical for them to have expensive suits while admonishing JWs to not go to college and not worry about having careers, I think it's way down on the list of terrible things they do.

I think criticizing them on things like their awful child abuse policies and dangerous blood policies is more effective. Quite frankly, no JW would care about their spending and no one on the outside would either.

• cha ching
    cha ching

I care, it's about hypocrisy.... Every level of their lives, from the worst to the least is a hypocrisy.

Child abuse is at the top, but then to go around wearing expensive clothing, jewelry, and telling everyone else to be giving up their ice cream money is the extra twist on the screw in your hand.

Don't they make a "vow of poverty"?

"We care about child abuse, we abhor child abuse" .... ("Can you please make that a $3,000 suit?")

What's that song.... "If Jesus wore a Rolex?...."

• Wakanda
    Wakanda
    I fly pretty frequently for work and get upgraded maybe 40% of the time to first class

What airline still does that? What are you gold or diamond level or something? I see empty seats in first class all the time (while seeing the frequent flyers board early... in coach), and know of frequent fliers that used to get upgraded ten plus years ago, but not anymore. The airlines are cheap cheap cheap, and I haven't heard of them giving anything away for free, including upgrades.

For crying out loud, I often see the emergency exit aisles partly empty because people won't pay the extra that the airlines want now for the leg room.... This means there are frequent flyers that are on the plane that did not even get "upgraded" to the exit aisle (if you can call it an upgrade when it is just an exit aisle).

You are the first person I've heard say you get upgraded. I'm flying soon and I will ask passengers and crew, and I will ask the people I know who work in the industry.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

cha ching -I understand but most JWs don't see it. And most non-JWs couldn't give a crap about anything JW. Honestly, I think most religious leaders are hypocrites at best, charlatans more likely. Just another example of how they aren't any better than any other religion unlike the special status they claim.

Wakanda - yeah I'm higher than a gold but when I was gold I still got upgraded but not as frequently. The cross country flights are much harder to get into first class and you have a better chance on shorter flights at non-peak hours.

• Chook
    Chook

The GB would justify any expensive clothing or trinkets on the grounds Jesus received expensive hair oil and a nice garment. The bible can be used to justify any conduct eg murder ,theft from pagans, taking virgin girls as spoils of war , priest class condemning commoners to death . Ask the GB would they delight in commanding the birds of mid heaven to peck each one of our arses on here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit