Geoffrey jackson quote on fading/ leaving with no sanction

by Tornintwo 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

Can anyone help me find Geoffrey Jacksons quote about people deciding to walk away from the religion and not facing sanctions, I need it to cope with some busybody elders. Please xxx

• nonjwspouse
  • OrphanCrow
  • LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Full transcript is here:

http://www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au/case-study/636f01a5-50db-4b59-a35e-a24ae07fb0ad/case-study-29,-july-2015,-sydney.aspx

Download the August 14th date. Do a Control F search on "fade" to get all of the quotes that can be used in your defense.

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

thank you....Id explain but its complicated, they're after my 15 year old daughter.

werent there for her when she was desperately trying to do the right thing and be the perfect jw, but when shes been out almost a year and something comes back to them about her social media account, they are just desparate to administer discipline. Idiots. love is the identifying mark HA

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

yea been there. I feel your pain. its basic respect they lack for your privacy and right to parent your own kids.

no help when you need it, when your jumping through hoops, but people sure find faults way later.

so much for being supportive.

but Im the mom, and had someone got in my way and I became aware of it, Id have pounced all over them.

elders were my equal. I chose to view them that way because its a fact. i never was in fear of the elders, and they knew it. they make mistakes too.

if they do not claim to be special, and are fellow Christians , then that means I am every bit if not more exp than they are. and often times I was.

tell them...

My kid ,lay off. my business, mind your own, follow your own advice and don't listen to gossip and stay out of my right to parent. i can read a bible.

isnt it funny, somehow this org thinks its ok to tell adults what to do...

were adults we dont need some other adult to tell us what to do and how to think.

hope all goes well

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The branch overseer Terry O'Brien also was questioned on this by the ARC.

Perhaps someone can post the section of video where he was questioned?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    stuckinarut: The branch overseer Terry O'Brien also was questioned on this by the ARC.
    Perhaps someone can post the section of video where he was questioned?

Maybe this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbvHwEMH2DM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit