Bible verses interpreted and twisted by WT to suit their agenda and purpose.

by EverApostate 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

There are a whole bunch of Bible verses that the WT interprets in its own way to:

1. Suit their agenda.
    2. To make Bible verses less silly/weird/bizarre
    3. To make God appear righteous, Kind and Justified.
    4. To make the Bible appear more practical and applicable for modern times.

Have given a few here. Please share your thoughts as well as add any, you know.

God’s creation days were Eons rather than a literal day. If not a literal day how can a morning and evening be - as the Bible mentions - as if in a literal day?

Snake didn’t talk to eve but Satan did it using the snake

The sun stood still in Joshua’s battle. WT interprets this as the view from a man’s observance from the earth, whereas Jah would have stopped the earth from spinning.

Jepthah never burned his daughter as an Offering, rather left her in the temple to serve Jah, as per WT

When Jesus got resurrected, the Holy saints never got resurrected. This is what an elder told me. The Bible clearly mentions that this happened.

Jesus says repeatedly “Ask anything and it will be given”. WT interprets this as we should only ask anything for Kingdom interests and Jah would do it.

Slavery in the Bible. WT justifies this as a necessity in older times.

Women should not speak in the congregation, as the Bible says. WT bypasses this cleverly by arranging for a conversation with the sisters themselves, in the theocratic Ministry school

Sick can be healed with the elders anointing with oil. WT interprets this as Spiritual sickness.

144K is a literal number whereas the tribes and nations are symbolic, as per WT

144K not defiled by women. Women and defilement here are symbolic. Otherwise, if taken literally, women would be offended. Even symbolic, doesn’t this degrade women?

• TD
    TD

That snakes can sense sound through vibration so the Bible is not actually incorrect when it speaks of the "...cobra stopping its ear."

That the Genesis account is literally and scientifically true and animals originally were all vegetarians.

Similarly, the restoration prophecies are literal and God is going to put an end to predation someday.

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

Jesus said “To the extent that you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.”—MATT. 25:40.

WT denies that this means all who are part of the Christian community but refers instead ONLY to the remaining ones of Christ’s spirit-anointed brothers on earth.

So the Watchtower Study magazine of March 2015 concluded that as a result.... (Quote:) "The growing number of prospective sheep count it a privilege to support Christ’s brothers not only in the preaching work but also in other practical ways. For example, they give financial contributions and help to build Kingdom Halls, Assembly Halls, and branch facilities, and they loyally obey those appointed by “the faithful and discreet slave” to take the lead."

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

The biggest one:

(Proverbs 4:18) But the path of the righteous ones is like the bright light that is getting lighter and lighter until the day is firmly established.

• zeb
    zeb

For any quoted scripture read the few either side of it. WT 'cherry-picks' scriptures and the reading either side has for me given context to the one chosen and refutes the meaning the wt applies.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    EverApostate - "Bible verses interpreted and twisted by WT to suit their agenda and purpose...(?)"

Gosh, the number of those would almost fill up...

...a Bible.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Great points Everyone. This will be helpful for me to save my wife from the cult.

Yes, the WT interprets the Bible from Cover to cover according to their corporate needs.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I think all christian religions do this wittingly or unwittingly but the Jobos have come out with some hilarious...

"Man on earth can no more get rid of these demonic `heavens' (the organization of wicked spirits) than man can by airplane or rockets or other means get up above the air envelope which is about our earthly globe and in which man breathes." (The Truth Shall Make You Free, 1943, p. 285)

"The face of the deep, of course, would be toward the Pleiades, which are claimed to be the habitation of Jehovah." (Creation; 1927; 2,175,000 ed.; p. 94)

"The constellation of the seven stars forming the Pleiades appears to be the crowning center around which the known systems of the planets revolve even as our sun's planets obey the sun and travel in their respective orbits. It has been suggested, and with much weight, that one of the stars of that group is the dwelling-place of Jehovah and the place of the highest heavens;..." (Reconciliation; 1928; p. 14)

"The constellation of the Pleiades is a small one compared with others which scientific instruments disclose to the wondering eyes of man. But the greatness in size of other stars or planets is small when compared with the Pleiades in importance, because the Pleiades is the place of the eternal throne of God." (Reconciliation; 1928; p. 14)

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

punkofnice ,

Man can't fly above the earth’s Atmosphere.

Jehovah dwells in Pleides cluster.

Those were absolute garbage spew from the WT.

When I was rebelling, I bought out these points to my fellow dubs. They never believed it as I didn’t have the Originals to show them.

Even If I had shown them the Originals, they would have taken it as “The Light Gets Brighter…. “ Nonsense

• TD
    TD

One of the most outrageous and shameful examples of #1 is the spin WT writers put on the Apostolic Decree (Acts 15:29)

The original argument vis-à-vis transfusion was that it was a form of intravenous feeding.

When that failed, JW leaders and policy makers attempted to salvage the doctrine through the notion that transfusion is directly prohibited by the Apostolic Decree.

The partial predicate, "...keep abstaining....from blood" is invoked as the independent construction, "Abstain from blood" which is ungrammatical.

What, for example do the following phrases mean?

"abstain from moon"

"abstain from sky"

"abstain from blue"

--They don't mean a damn thing.

Complete thoughts require a transfer of action from subject to object, which does not exist in the above examples.

The situation is the same with blood. The statement, "abstain from blood" is incomplete until you, the reader mentally complete it.

And in JW literature, this happens entirely though the power of suggestion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit