w99 15/2 5 French/Italian:

w99 15/2 19 French/Italian:

No long skirts for Italian JW? Why?

• Francois
    Francois

When in Rome...

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Some of the Watchtower leaders have a real hang-up on women's skirts.

We had a District overseer here in the land of Oz who would try and look up sisters' skirts on the platform at the circuit assemblies. He did this regularly at the rehearsals. If he could see up the skirt, the sister was 'out', not qualified, until she came back (that same night) in a different one.

At the time I was an elder but also a father. I refrerred to him then, and now, as a pervert.

If the Watchtower has such a problem with the sisters's skirts, why not simply 'allow' pantsuits?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

Freedom is not having to wear a tie.

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Interesting find Osarsif:

I too don't understand this obsession with long skirts.

The GB obviously as not had to wear one to assembly and try to manage climbing those stairs with both arms full with bags and/or babies. How do we hold our skirts up without tripping up the stairs? or In service in the winter snow...ever try to manage trudging through the snow with a long skirt getting snow covered.

I like a long flowing skirt in the summer sometimes for it's comfort but at assemblies, service, and for winter warmth and comfort, a pantsuit as Ozzie suggested would make so much more sense.

It was really nice when they were allowed for service for a short time.

Had Enough

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Osarsif,

an excellent job,...!

I knew it but it is nice that you posted for many others
    to see and...wonder what' s all about.

Thanks again, agape J.C.MacHislopp

• Tina
    Tina

Ciao osarif

I don't understand why they aren't towing the party line on uniformity regarding skirts length,lol. But then I never understood their obsession with that.
    Too bad you can't see the shoes,lol(wonder if the Italian sisters are familiar with the prayer to St Ferragamo? lol

O San Ferragamo Calzolaio Prezioso alle Stelle,Stillista Dotato di Suole,concedemi un paio di quelle scarpe tipo chanel a tacco alto che ho visto in vetrina questa notte,quelle bordeaux. La misura trentasei sarebbe perfetta,Siano Benedetti i Portatori di Zoccoli.lol
    Molte grazie,Tina Contadina

• logical
    logical

Is it me, or is there an image of CT Russell in the window on the top 2 pictures?

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Logical:

It certainly looks like it from these scans.

I looked at the original in the bound volume. It's just reflections in the window. Russell's beard is a wedding dress. The dark eyes are not so prominent.

Doesn't look subliminal to me (of course, that's the point of subliminal, isn't it.)

Expatbrit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit