Explain the Anthony Morris thing to me

by optimisticskeptic 9 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• optimisticskeptic
    optimisticskeptic

Ok, so can someone explain with relative brevity what the Anthony Morris thing is all about. I certainly don't miss the guy but would like as valid of an explanation as possible without a bunch of paranoid conspiracies that no one can verify.

As best as I can tell from cryptic comments on here is he is no longer on the GB but in a congregation in the Carolinas somewhere. Now there are two new younger brothers on the GB and bam, lots of changes. This implies he was standing in the way of progress basically.

What's less clear is how everything was hush hush that he was removed from the GB, things he knew, why it was quiet, was he just generally seen as a liability because he was insane and came off as everyone's bigotted grandpa? I realize this is the area that's prob the most conspiratorial but I guess part of what I'm trying to learn is - what is publicly known? What are things I can bring up with PIMI that wouldn't raise suspicion of like, where did you hear that? Lol. I'm guessing everyone has noticed they don't see him on programs all of the time, but has there been any public mention of his removal and the addition of two new brothers. I just like to casually connect the dots for people sometimes but have to be careful to use verified publicly available information.

Anyways, thanks for any help!

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

In a nutshell we don’t know the reasons why but he has been kicked out and a brief announcement that was hard to find on the website

they are slowly deleting a lot of his content but there is so much over the decades

the Borg bought him a couple of houses and he is obviously being paid to sign a non disclosure but that is only speculation

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

we just dont know.

(where have i read that before )

• optimisticskeptic
    optimisticskeptic

Is anyone able to share a link to that brief announcement?

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Only to screenshots of it, because they deleted it themselves relatively quickly.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Given the raft of changes coming out of the GB it is pretty safe to assume that said changes AM did not agree with and was the reason he is no longer a GB...or at least a factor in why he isn't...along side his closet gay stance and love of alcohol.

• lancegalahadx
    lancegalahadx

He must have been a “turd in the punch bowl” in some way, shape, or form.

Or maybe he left of his own accord because he didn’t like any proposed changes coming down the pipe.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

The JW org site had posted a small note that 'Brother Morris' was no longer a member of the governing body. They removed the note sometime after, and don't seem to have said anything else about it. Morris apparently is living in a home (purchased by the WTS?) in North Carolina, and attending a local congregation there. There haven't been any leaks as far as I am aware, but it's the kind of thing that would make the rounds of exJW videos if/when it does.

With the raft of recent changes, the assumption is growing that Morris was a hardliner who would not accept those changes. Perhaps he stepped down after realizing he would be outvoted, or perhaps he was made to step down in order to avoid a nasty confrontation. Shortly after his departure, two new members of the GB were introduced. It does seem as if he lost a battle of some sort and the WTS is heading in a different direction. The latest changes are certainly something I did not think I'd see anytime soon.

• Gorb
    Gorb

We can understand now, why AMIII has left the GB. The curent changes are made months ahead. He was against.

G.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    The curent changes are made months ahead.

Not sure the DF changes were made months ago, they relate to the Norway case for sure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit