Anti-gravity in the new world!

by BoogerMan 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

From Golden Age, March 24, 1926

https://jws-library.one/?file=data/1926/g_E_19260324/g_E_19260324.html#bookmark22

"MANY have wondered how accidents would be avoided during Christ’s kingdom, since we are told that nothing shall then hurt or destroy. Most accidents are due to gravitation and its effects. Falling from aeroplanes (including the negative gravity type—the heavier-than-air machines will then be obsolete), etc., may be avoided by an individual negative gravity device.

Scientists tell us that there is enough atomic energy in a finger-nail to propel a battleship. The people of the future may carry a little of this energy around with them, and if they fall down an elevator shaft they can let themselves down easy. Then they can turn on a little more and go back up. The day may not be far distant when anybody can instantly reduce his weight at will, making it equal to that of the air about him, so that he can float like a feather if he prefers. No danger of falling down stairs then.

Another source of accidents is collision. But if two autos with occupants each suddenly reduced their weight to only a few ounces above atmospheric pressure when approaching each other, they would bound apart like toy balloons and no one would be hurt."

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

So, they believe that god exists and that he has full control of the physical world, but they feel a need to reassure people that they won't get hurt when they fall down in paradise?

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

That's a great find. It was elsewhere postulated that angels would be babysitters for each of us, intervening whenever we tripped on a tree root or wind knocked a branch down. It struck me as rather humorous, would it have been better to make a human that was durable?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

But wasn't it great when WT had someone who was creative enough to come up with this?

Now all you get is, WE DON'T REALLY KNOW & WE CAN'T BE DOGMATIC ABOUT IT.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I can hardly wait. Years ago a brother said we wouldn't get hurt because stupidity and clumsiness are from imperfection.

BTW. If I fall out at 35000 feet is there an anticold device?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yes, I was told that accidents are the result of imperfection and we would do that in the New World.....oh well......

That Golden Age quote is priceless, do you think they really meant it seriously?

We all know there is a load of crazy stuff in there.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    if two autos with occupants each suddenly reduced their weight to only a few ounces above atmospheric pressure when approaching each other, they would bound apart like toy balloons and no one would be hurt.

This is such a hilarious statement! There isn't even any pseudoscience they could have been thinking of that would make this sound possible. Wow

I think Clayton Woodworth was the editor of the Golden Age during this time. One weird dude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit