Summer movies, what have you seen? What works? NO SPOILERS!

by Wasanelder Once 5 Replies latest social entertainment

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I've seen a few:

Solo: I could have done without it. Lead actor has no charisma. If you love Star Wars I guess you have to see it. It was just ok for me.

Heredity: Voted scariest movie in years by all reviewers. Obviously they all have stock in the movie company. People actually laughed at the "scariest" movie. If you can believe an 18 year old young man calling out "Mommy" have at it. Truly one of the biggest fails all summer for me. Would not have seen it if I knew the truth of the quality.

Jurassic World; fallen kingdom: Guess what? Yep, they get loose again. Ugh. Just not different enough from all the others to hold my interest. Maybe you'll like it, who knows?

Ocean's 8. Slept for first 10 minutes, awoke to ask what the point was and after being told zoned back out. It was a trite little exercise with characters I didn't care for.

Skyscraper: The audience applauded at the end. I was pleasantly surprised. No sex, no swearing... just people killed like cord wood. It had humor, humility and action. Poor man has to run the gamet to get the job done against typical bad guys. There's a nice switch in the main character that makes him so easy to have empathy for. I recommend it for an hour and a half of air conditioning and a nice romp in a burning building. A hint, his wife is no wimp.

Ant and the Wasp: Haven't seen the first one, didn't need to. If you like Marvel this is a sort of crumb on the carpet of the Marvel universe. It shouldn't be relegated thus. It was very funny and had a captivating story. Did I say funny?

Two out of three isn't bad. See for yourself. Movies are a nice way to keep cool. Have you seen any of these or others? How much do you disagree with me? Hide the daggers!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I'm behind on my summer movies. I hope to see Ant Man and Wasp this coming weekend. I loved the first one. I also like the minor league superheroes. The Netflix Marvel series are the best.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

This is just sad. I guess I'll give up on starting topics and eat some worms.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

The Shape of Water. It was just so different. None of the normal action or heroics and yet very ordinary people doing brave things. Only if you like sci fi of course but not your standard runnin', jumpin' and shootin'. I enjoyed it, didn't get bored.

• I Faded Twice
    I Faded Twice

Apostasy movie was decent.

Deadpool...Kinda funny

Incredibles 2 Was really good

• Holden Caufield
    Holden Caufield

Incredibles 2 was good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit