What is harder? Making a new jw or bringing one out?

by EndofMysteries 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I find it interesting how stories of people waking or bringing one out are like the opposite of jw experiences bringing one in. Maybe we should start an ex jw yearbook for experiences of those coming out haha.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I was able to bring one out when I left. A friend that was going through marriage problems his wife was sleeping around. Anyway he stop going to meeting , not to in to it when your hearts broken. Well one of his elders accused him of doing something wrong. That along with me poking holes in the bible got him to start waking up. It really does seem to take an emotional issue to get JWs to start to wake up.

I think our yearbook would be bigger then thiers since I think more are leaving then joining.

• naazira
    naazira

Im surprised that there aren't more comments, great post! I know It would be encouraging to read the friends' stories about how they came to the truth about the truth. 😃👍

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed

The easiest way to make a JW is to indoctrinate someone from birth.... so I would say it can be easier to bring folk in. On the side of bringing someone in who wasn't born to it, I think that is getting harder and harder while waking folks up is getting easier to some extent. You can't bring someone out if they don't want out... and you can't force someone into it if they don't want to be in it. So that is similar.

I don't really know any stories of bringing someone into the cult so I don't know how much nor how little they relate to waking someone up.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

I vote harder in.

Truth is on your side for getting people out. Yes they hold on stubbornly but they dont win the argument if you know your stuff. Thought stoppers and emotion are usually where you end up. You can call them out on that and it's over.

I pointed out a glaring problem in the bible to my wife 2 days ago and she had to say "I just can't think about that."

Sorry that's defeat.

Another question a few days earlier asking a damning question about the GB got a long pause - and "I don't know". Another defeat.

I haven't even brought my whole - alligators weren't created to eat sweet potatoes and boa constrictors weren't designed to squeeze cabbage to death - argument up yet. I'm letting her lick her wounds.

Lol.....

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

"It is easier to fool someone than it is to convince them they have been fooled"

Mark Twain

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit