The Governing Body Announces That Some In-Person Meetings Will Resume in Select Areas

by Disillusioned JW 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Related to the Pilot program for in-person meetings for the vaccinated (jehovahs-witness.com) topic thread there is the following news announcement direct the Org: The Governing Body Announces That Some In-Person Meetings Will Resume in Select Areas (jw.org) . I certainly won't be participating in that.

• WokenfromJWcult
    WokenfromJWcult

Now it will time to count how many will actually return, since they are so use to not going anywhere to get their dose of boasting lessons. I bet they have lost at least 20% of their followers.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

If wt wanted to give PIMOs a legitimate excuse to fade. I’d say they vaccination rule might be the thing to do it.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

The Borg wants to keep up with the flow of $$$$ from all of the R&F. So, they are without a doubt doing this to continuously MONITOR all dubs; ensuring that the membership is stable in attendance so that the funds keep rolling on in--eventually into their pockets!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HIDDLESWIFE:

I definitely do think that they want in-person meetings because Zoom cannot cut it with regard to control and also because of wanting donations from people. They must imagine people are likely to put $ in the contribution box. Many don’t want to donate online.

Also, some deadbeats who never wanted to work (who I had no use for) will get more in person.. I assume the Zoom meetings ‘hurt’ these types of JWs because it’s hard to get handouts if you’re not in person. They must’ve gotten creative to get money this past year or so.

This is a dilemma for the religion if they want to sell off halls because they want the money. How can they ‘control’ people and get money if they don’t meet fairly regularly in person?? They need available brick and mortar halls to meet in, that’s what. It will be interesting to see how this is going to work out for them!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Yes I believe your correct LongHairGal. It’s a balancing act between control, cashing up, and running with the money. I feel the decision to physically return to the halls was the correct decision. Long term, if they transitioned to on line, the whole thing would of just fell apart. It was only months of KH closing and they were trying to shut down the R&F from having independent study groups. Physical buildings means control and WT realises that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit