New commentary on revelation coming up?

by EdenOne 77 Replies latest watchtower bible

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

If the cover is a credible one, then it looks like a throwback to the days of Rutherford's books ...

EdenOne

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

That's not even remotely a credible cover.

• Listener
    Listener

There's a bunch of Pyramids on the cover which doesn't seem likely. Don't they usually put pictures on their paperbacks?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

New commentary on revelation coming up?

I heard through the grapevine about a forthcoming book:

Together Through The Great Tribulation - Come To Jehovah's Mountain

Image result for businessman with gun to head

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

For the people saying it'll never happen - I don't know if I agree. The title given seems plausible and goes along with the current trend of content that appeals to people purely on an emotional level. I can see them redoing the revelation book and leaving out the bulk of the prophetic interpretation and simply focusing on the frightening imagery and the happy ending. It wouldn't be that difficult to make a short illustrated book (probably with scary videos to go along with some sections) that talks about the terror of the great tribulation without really focusing on things like the UN being the scarlet colored wild beast. They've revised the interpretation of Gog of Magog so they've already inched towards revising some of the doctrine on revelation.

Also, if they're ever going to revise the 144k thing to be figurative, this would be the way to do it too.

Lastly, saying "they don't have anyone smart enough to write an interpretation of revelation" assumes that they're aware of their weaknesses. If they're really buying their own bullshit and think god is with them, there's nothing they'd be afraid to try to interpret and prognosticate on, assuming they'd get it right by virtue of being guided by holy spirit. I think enough of the GB are probably sufficiently genuine believers that any who are purely in it for the lifestyle would have to go along with something like this. I don't know a ton about the GB members, but the two most front facing ones (at least it seems to me that they are) - Lett and Morris - are too stupid or too arrogant (or both) respectively to consider the possibility that they might not be up to the task of interpreting revelation. As for the others: Herd is clearly a complete buffoon as evidenced by his "women have smaller brains" comments; Deciding whether to do a revelation book is probably outside of Jackson's department (as it seems everything is judging by his ARC testimony); Loesch doesn't have any control over the watchtower society if his signed affidavit is to be believed; Splane is probably just going along with whatever to try to keep the gravy train going so he can die in his new compound, so he wouldn't care; Sanderson is left as the only wild card that might worry about doing it, and he's the most junior member and would probably just go along with whatever the others decide. Snide comments aside, my point is that thinking there's something these idiots wouldn't dare do or that they're aware enough of their failings to shrink from the challenge is betting on something for which there is no evidence.

Obviously this isn't confirmed, but it seems plausible at least.

Edit: I agree regarding the cover - that doesn't look like something they'd produce.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I bet they will be wearing their new outfits!

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

I really don't read the WT stuff at all anymore. How often do they refer to Revelation these days?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

If you want to get rid of a JW at your door, ask them to explain Rev. In fact ask them

to explain the bible.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

At least the Revelation book had some awesome illustrations to go along with the weird shit in it.

Beats the hell out of the Isaiah books in which every chapter was the same prophecy and 'fulfillment'

• hildebrando

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit