The Future

by no-zombie 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

Do you want to see into the future?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhyi3H7beEA

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I rather liked the song...it sure beat the song that praised the anointed.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I’ve sometimes given myself a strange chuckle thinking what would be the reaction if I attended a KH unknown to me and started raising my hands in the air while singing the kingdom songs with enthusiasm. On the one hand there is nothing wrong with singing with enthusiasm, right? On the other hand, the gesture of raising your hands during song is so contrary to JW culture because it evokes a charismatic style of worship that is alien to JWs. The appearance of someone who knows the kingdom songs raising hands would be so jarring I wonder if an attendant might even intervene.

• titch
    titch

Yeah, I liked the song, too. Nice instrumentation and other things. Best Regards, Everyone.---Titch.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Some observations:

After we left the JW's my wife and I attended an independent Evangelical church. The music there was very much like what's in this video. It is very easy to get caught up in the emotional rush. In fact this type of music is designed to do exactly that. You can call it "uplifting" or you can call it manipulative -- either way its more fun than anything I've ever seen or heard at a Kingdom Hall.

Secondly, it strikes me that about 99% of that audience looked under the age of about thirty (and at what my granddaughter would call the upper end of the hottie scale). That is also deliberate these big churches are doing whatever they think it will take to appeal to young audiences. The Watchtower has fallen flat on its face in this regard.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

oh for gods sake.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    JeffT - “…what my granddaughter would call the upper end of the hottie scale…”

That’s good, I gotta remember that one. 😏

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit