How much is a Billion bucks to the Borg

by Ignoranceisbliss 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    In recent news articles it's been suggested that properties currently up for sale in Brooklyn will fetch around $1,000,000,000. Just how significant is this kind of money to the WTBTS? My estimation is that would be the equivalent to 3 years worth of donations from every US witness. That's figuring on each pub donating $27/month to the organization. (This seems about right not counting what they donate to the local hall). This is a ton of money. It could pay 1000 molestation cases at 1 million a piece.
  • JeffT
    JeffT
    Consider this: a billion dollars properly invested should yield about forty million dollars a year in income, and will do so forever. With structured settlements, I would expect them to be able to pay off lawsuits AND keep running.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I thinks its a lot, they are downsizing so the money will go further. I also think that they realize the monies going to dry up. Religion as a whole is drying up, the internet is killing it. They are having to make adjustments for this reality, so I think the money will go along way for them.
  • Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    Good point Jeff. Can a non profit legally invest like this? I'm not sure what the laws allow for.
  • blondie
    blondie
    Not only can non-profits invest they can invest for others who give them money and then these people get a tax break. That is part of what the WTS financial brochure encourages.
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    IDK it sounds like a lot of money and it probably is. But by their behaviour there has to be something seriously broken. The magazine, assembly, meeting, branch, building cut backs would indicate this. 10 years ago I never would of thought that they would be pulling out of countries like India and Tanzania. This just doesn't fit with the urgent need to reach people with the kingdom message because we are deep in the last days. I think they will be having some massive problems in tanzania shortly with dissension. How much money is required to keep the machine running even when they a virtually getting free labour.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit