Andrew Holden
    c/o Department of Sociology
    Lancaster University
    Lancaster, LA1 4YL, UK

http://www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/sociology/soc115ajw.htm

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

AJN -

Couldn't get the link to show anything other than a title page which lead me to a list of papers, and when I clicked on the one mentioned in the thread topic, it brought me back to the title page. Any ideas?

growedup

P.S. This looks like a cool site, though - lots of JW sociological research!

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

The link worked fine for me... be sure and scroll down from what appears to be the title page.

It's too long for me to read right now, but as you noted, the same author appears to have done several other papers on JWs. I wonder if he's an ex-JW himself, or perhaps raised around JWs?

• Debz
    Debz

Good site - worth a look!

• Navigator
    Navigator

Really good paper. I can appreciate this as I live it everyday. He is correct about the marriage only working if the male is the unbelieving relative. I can't imagine a working relationship if the female was the unbelieving one.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    I can't imagine a working relationship if the female was the unbelieving one.

I've known several.

• blondie
    blondie

So have I known relationships, where the husband was the JW. The husband was a loving person and did not demand that his wife convert for him to love her. In 2 situations, the husband even was eventually appointed an elder, so it was not considered a barrier to that.

They should look at relationships where the wife was a JW for many years and finally the husband became a JW. Only then did one sister divorce her husband.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit