Common mistake of almost all religions

by elbib 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• elbib
    elbib

Common mistake of almost all religions is that they presented religious founders with superhuman abilities. They thought people would care for one another if someone with superhuman abilities told them to be good. This has been proved wrong repeatedly because people would feel ‘He can say whatever he feels like, he is superhuman whereas we are puny human beings.’ It is like gold trying to inspire iron saying: ‘Look at me, and learn from me: I never rust out.’ On the contrary, if an iron piece remains intact, this can inspire other iron pieces.

Setting aside one day as “Earth Day” is good (as being celebrated today). But it is like a sparrow trying to fly against a storm. The world seems to be losing even collective common sense. For example, as people were meeting in the world climate change conference COP19 in Warsaw, scientists in New Zealand were discovering proof that the weakening of the earth’s crust following a massive earthquake, was due to climate change. Researchers also claim that Typhoon Haiyan which destroyed the Island of Tacloban in the Philippines, also happened for the same reasons.

It seems we have become so selfish and blind to the outcome of our actions, that we are unable to see the effect taking place right in front of our very eyes! How much proof do we need to realize that damaging Mother Earth to this extent is like committing our own suicide? On “February 4, 2016, daily CO2 levels at the Mauna Loa Observatory had rocketed to 405.66 parts per million.” (http://robertscribbler.com/tag/co2/) At this rate, it would take only a few years for the CO2 levels to reach the dreaded milestone of 450 ppm. “If we wanted to be prudent about this we shouldn't have let it go over 350.” (http://www.npr.org/2013/05/10/182029983/dangerous-territory-carbon-dioxide-levels-reach-iconic-high/)

No wonder religions are called "Babylon The Great" as they presented superhuman teachers and made commercial gains out of it whereas people, in general, did not bother to care for others or even for the mother earth.

• TheLiberator
    TheLiberator

Totally agree with what you are saying. A church or study group should be just a group of people that are simply and sincerely trying to understand the scriptures.

On YouTube, spike r had a video that has really made me ponder after I left. The key point was that as humans, we always think someone else must have special knowledge. Publishers look to elders. Elders to co's, and it goes on and on. We do this in many areas of life. The gb are just like you and I. No visions. No voices. Just opinions.

It is strange to contemplate how as witnesses we would ask how does the gb know what to write? What happens at there meetings? We acted like it was supernatural. Then we suspended this thought, and moved on thinking everything is from Jehovah. But of course, tv.org has revealed them as not only human, but psychopaths.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit