JWs and COVID vaccine

by digderidoo 7 Replies latest jw friends

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Hi all, been a long time posting.

I have heard today that JWs cannot take the vaccine due to blood within it. Is this correct?

Dig

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

You heard wrong.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Thanks. So there is no truth in any of the vaccines being refused? My JW elderly father, with serious health problems, is saying he may not be allowed it due to blood - some directive from the Governing Body. I assume he has got something confused? Possibly local JW gossip.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

They thrice have read a letter stating the vaccines do not have blood or fractions in them.

This was after careful research on their part. I looked at the way it is made and drew the same conclusion without doing careful research. I did not look for aluminum.

Eventually there may be some with fractions of fractions and then we will have to look at THE LIST.

I think they follow the latest science from 1942.

• ElderEtta
    ElderEtta

Seems the letter was explicit toward one of the dispensaries or the other

• ElderEtta
    ElderEtta
    They follow the latest science since 1942

They also prohibit more than one wife since 1947

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

To support ElderEtta's 1947 statement, re 1947, this quote from 1995 Watchtower.:

But until 1947 when the missionaries came, polygamy was common in the congregations. Polygamous brothers were told that they had married more than one wife in ignorance. So if they had two or three or four or five wives, they could keep them, but they should not take any more. That was the policy we had. The Watchtower, 1995, 9/1 p. 25

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Well, in Governing Body wisdom, they needed at least to moderate the maximum number, apparently six wives would be too many.

So if they had two or three or four or five wives, they could keep them, but they should not take any more.

of course!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit