Raining before the Flood?

by GrownMidget 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• St George of England
    St George of England

Interestingly this week and next is the group study on Noah in the "Imitate their Faith" book. It does not mention, as far as I can see, the fact there was no rain prior to the flood. Are they maybe moving away from this teaching like they did with the 7,000 year creative day?

I once asked a brother if there was no rain prior to the flood where did the rivers come from? He replied "Jehovah created them"!

George

• prologos
    prologos

Okay, going back because I have been out 30 years now, but wasn't that part of the lyrics in a Kingdom song, something about Noah having faith cause it had never rained before? If I remember, it was a rather rousing tune? Anyone else remember this?yeah, should have kept the old song books. It was a march, could have clicked my heels.

• St George of England
    St George of England

ALL TOGETHER NOW>>>>>

When Jehovah decreed that a deluge

Should destroy wicked men long ago,

Then to Noah he gave a commission:

‘Build an ark! Preach the word! Let men know!’

Now, did Noah reject that assignment,

Since he never had built arks before?

No, but he made good use of God’s mercy,

And he built and

he preached more and more.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    I am thinking the words were , ' now did Noah reject that assignment since he never had built arcs before, Something something , and he built and he preached more and more'. Of course there could have been an earlier version of the same song.
  • Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro
    St. George - kicking it old school with the lyrics!!! When I read those, the melody immediately came to mind. Actually that was one of the better songs so I'm sure it was eliminated.
  • St George of England
    St George of England

In the earlier version it said "since he never had built BOATS before"

Showing my age.

George

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    Yep, thanks guys. I knew there was one and I have that one line about Noah and the tune in my brain! 😕 Hey, that's what I was thinking, now we know who the oldies are!
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

yes I was told in the 80's by a university graduate JW that there was no rain pre flood, just a mist that watered the ground.

That's why there was so much water to come down in the flood, silly!!!!

• GrownMidget
    GrownMidget
    That's why there was so much water to come down in the flood, silly!!!!
    Jehovah collected all the water in the tub and then kicked it over.
  • Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    I remember something about a firmament?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit