Forum feature request

by EdenOne 8 Replies latest forum suggestions

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

This one for Simon. Others chime in if you agree.

Sometimes I find it hard to track the threads where I have posted and where I have posted last on a particular thread. It's very time consuming to go and look for it. So, I would like to suggest, if possible, the following feature:

On the top bar, next to "New Thread", there could be another title: "My posts". When clicked by the logged in user, this would open a list, sorted in chronological order (starting with the most recent), of all the threads where the user has posted on, regardless of who has started the thread. When one of the threads is selected and clicked on, the user is then taken to the point on the thread where its last post was made. This would save a lot of time when looking to pick up a thread where we left off.

Is this complicated to implement?

• jwleaks
  • EdenOne
    EdenOne

I know those routes, but the key element here is to direct the logged in user to its last post on the thread; regardless of being one that was started by the user or just posted on.

• cofty
    cofty

You have three options...

1 - Started *** Topics
    2 - Posted *** Times
    3 - See topics posted on

The third of those does what you are looking for.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I see that, but it doesn't take me to my last post - that's the key request ... in a thread with dozens of pages, where my last post is buried somewhere on the last 10-15 pages, it would be helpful to have a quick way to find it and see what has been posted ever since. At least on my ipad it takes me always to the OP.

• stillin
    stillin

I have wished for the same thing. In a given thread we have already read the posts leading up to our own post. It would be nice to be able to pick up where we left off.

• Simon
    Simon

I'll add this to the TODO list :)

I'm just playing around with a new version of a new framework which will effectively make the site into a combined website / mobile app with lots of cool tricks like reading offline (and generally less data usage).

It's super slick and super fast and will make it easier to add features like this (anything like filtering topics to only show or exclude certain posters etc...)

• EdenOne
  • S K Ditta
    S K Ditta

Thank you, Mr. Simon.

Your site is already nice...and you seem courteous.

Wish you well.

PS: I appreciate your Community Guidelines page.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit