Questions For Jehovah's Witnesses

by Vanderhoven7 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Here are some tough questions designed to determine honesty of the Witnesses you meet.

1. Is post secondary education currently discouraged by your religion?

2. Does your religion teach, that with rare exceptions, only baptised JWs will survive Armageddon?

• Do you believe Jehovah will completely destroy billions of people at Armageddon?

• What about Non-JWs who die just before Armageddon...will they get a resurrection?

3. Do Jehovah's Witnesses still believe that all other churches are satanic organizations?

• According to your religion, if a person belonged to a church other than yours, what would happen to him or her at Armageddon?

• Do you believe that Jehovah God rejected all other churches at some point in history?

• When did God reject all of Christendom? What year? How do you know this?

4. Is it still the case that in a medical emergency Jehovah's Witness are instructed to refuse blood transfusions for their children?

• Could they receive certain blood components? Which ones are acceptable and which ones are not acceptable? Does the Bible specify these components?

• Have Jehovah's Witnesses been consistent in determining allowable components?

• How about plasma? Why is plasma unacceptable when all of it's components are acceptable?

• How about white blood cells (Leukocytes)? Aren't millions passed in mother's milk and during organ transplants which are now acceptable to the Society?

• According to your religion, what is wrong with donating blood? (immoral?)

• Is it proper to benefit from immorally donated blood?

5. Do you ever question what comes down from your organization's headquarters?

- What would happen if you did?

- What would be the repercussions for someone who leaves the Witnesses?

- How would you be required to treat a Jehovah Witness who leaves your religion?

- Are Jehovah's Witnesses instructed to shun ex-witnesses who no longer believe that your organization is directed by God?

-Are Witnesses also required to shun adult children who leave the organization?

- Should anyone have to choose between their family and their religion?

- Is there any honourable way out of your religion?

6. Has God promised to usher in a safe and secure new world order before those who witnessed the events of 1914 pass away?

- How is that possible that the 1914 generation won't pass away when the youngest person who could understand the events of 1914 would be well over a hundred by now?

- If the generation Jesus spoke about would "surely" not pass away, you think He would be talking about a thriving generation - no?

- Can you explain what Jesus meant by "this generation" and show how Matthew or any other gospel writer employs a similar meaning?

7. Can you explain what theocratic warfare means to JWS?

• Does theocratic warfare entitle JWs to misrepresent the truth to persons they consider unworthy of truth?

• So would you say JWs are trained to deceive people?

• How can we know when Jehovah's Witnesses are actually telling the truth about their beliefs?

8. How does your religion view the UN? (Wild beast of Revelation)

• What are your personal thoughts about your religion being associated with the UN

as an NGO for approximately ten years? (1991-2001)

9. How do you respond to the accusation that your religion has failed to protect children from pedophiles within your organization?

10 How well do you know your organization's history? (to be continued)

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Good list.
    I had a shorter one.

Ask any JW (especially Elders) - Using your bible alone - please show me:

Clear evidence for a Governing Body that would be the model for today.

Show me using your bible how overlapping generations is clear.

Explain how the bible show that 1914 was the coming of jesus.

Then - "what, I thought you were a bible student, how many years have you been reading the bible and going to meetings? Are not those 3 things the main tenants of your religion?"

Are you ok with not being able to explain them by using your bible?
  • Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

When I'm in town on Saturday shopping I will see carts everywhere and its so tempting to ask them the 2 questions above

How would you be required to treat a Jehovah Witness who leaves your religion?

- Are Jehovah's Witnesses instructed to shun ex-witnesses who no longer believe that your organization is directed by God?

And then once they answer I'll say "Well you shouldn't be talking to me then. But if you're interested as to why myself and many others don't believe it is the true religion then I'll be happy to discuss it with you".

I also like these 2 questions coz they'd be so difficult for the jw you ask to answer but easy for the person asking to have a comeback and make them think (or they'd freeze maybe and not have an answer).

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

10 How well do you know your organization's history?

More embarrassing sub-questions

a. What did the Australian Royal Commission interrogate Geoffrey Jackson about in 2017?

• How many child sex abuse cases on file did the WTS not report since 1960? (over 1000)

b. When and for how long did the Watchtower join and support the United Nations as a NGO or non-governmental organization? (1991 – 2001) What was their stated reason for joining? (to acquire a library card)

c. Why were JWs with severe kidney or liver malfunctions out of luck before 1980? (from 1967 to 1980 organ transplants = cannibalism)

d. Why were JW hemophiliacs frightened in the late 1970s? (1975-1978 hemophiliac preparations were banned)

e. Why were Jehovah's Witnesses so excited that they began and were lauded for selling their homes in the early 1970s? (trying to make sure they would survive Armageddon) And why were JW teens not planning careers or even taking trade courses after high school? (dangerous - no time-systems end so close)

f. Why were Jehovah's Witnesses more susceptible to disease than worldly people before 1952?

(1927-1952 vaccinations were banned as a violation of the everlasting covenant)

g. Why were JWs advised not to marry or have children in the 30s and 40s? (Armageddon so close)

h. Why were JWs adding rooms onto their homes in the early 1920s? (because in 1926 they could call Abraham in Jerusalem and ask him to raise grandma)

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    Ask any JW (especially Elders) - Using your bible alone - please show me:

You are right. They can't.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    When I'm in town on Saturday shopping I will see carts everywhere and its so tempting to ask them...
    How would you be required to treat a Jehovah Witness who leaves your religion?
    Are Jehovah's Witnesses instructed to shun ex-witnesses who no longer believe that your organization is directed by God?

I hope you succumb to the temptation FR. It will increase your confidence exponentially for future encounters

• venus
    venus

JW claim of being the only true organization on earth reminds me of what Bernard Shaw wrote about patriotism:

“Patriotism is, fundamentally, a conviction that a particular country is the best in the world because you were born in it....”

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

These are GREAT questions! Thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit