Master's Thesis on Witness CSA

by careful 0 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• careful
    careful

I apologize if this has already been shared. A chap named Harvinder Singh finished his MA thesis last year at the University of Birmingham on CSA among JWs. I think this may be the first of such academic works to directly deal with the matter. His stated thesis is not news to anyone here or elsewhere who has kept up on the matter:

"I argue that this religious organisation does not respond or adjust its doctrinal practices of child safeguarding in the face of criticism and recommendations of scholars, the mass media and the secular courts unless legislation requires it."

But what is of greater significance is that he may be beginning a trend among academics to deal with this subject matter, and that would then shine light on the issue and hopefully bring about further influence/pressure for organizational change. He brings in the ARC findings.

You can DLed it here. It's the first of his papers:

https://bham.academia.edu/HarvinderSingh

Clearly English is not Singh's native tongue, so you'll have to work through his sometimes poor language, but he offers enough content to see past that.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit