Miracle Wheat trial transcript

by VM44 8 Replies latest jw friends

• VM44
    VM44

Here is the Miracle Wheat trial transcript.

MiracleWheatTrial.pdf
  • Londo111
    Londo111

Thanks. I'll take a look.

BTW...it's been a while!

• Londo111
  • wifibandit
  • JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

Thank you and Greetings!

Some of the newer board members/lurkers may not be familiar with some of your work from the past.

Your post history reveals a deep and varied collection of topics.

Hope you and yours are well!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Shocking that C T Russell would be involved in a commercialized and corrupt fraud, its so unlike him.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

This was a Supreme Court case? Why? Did the parties not agree with lower court rulings?

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

Just in response to Anders's questions:

There were no lower court rulings. Typically in a common law legal system, such as USA, civil cases where the amount claimed is above a certain level will be heard by a trial division of the Supreme Court. Any appeal will then go to the appellate division of the same Supreme Court (typically 3 judges).

I recall that Anders lives in a country which has a civil law system, not a common law system. Typically in civil law countries, the equivalent of the Supreme Court only hears appeals.

Just as a general note to anyone put off by the prospect of reading 400+ pages, there is a citation summary in the last 4 pages. In short, Russell sued the newspaper for defamation, lost at trial, appealed on a point of law, and lost again.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

@shepherdless,

Thanks for your clarification. I just read up on (some of) the differences between common and civil law. Never realized those!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit