Scientology: A War Without Guns' on ABC News 20/20 Tonight

by Gayle 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

‘Scientology: A War Without Guns’ Airs on ABC News’ ‘20/20,’ Friday, January 6

Posted 1/5/2017

‘20/20’ REPORTS ON EX-MEMBERS OF THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY:
    THOSE WHO ARE CRUSADING AGAINST IT AND OTHERS WHO STILL PRACTICE OUTSIDE THE CHURCH

Actress Leah Remini Sits Down With Anchor Dan Harris
    to Discuss Her Fight Against the Church

‘Scientology: A War Without Guns’ Airs Friday, January 6, on ABC

“20/20” reports on former members of the Church of Scientology, including those who are crusading against it and others who still practice outside the Church. In a new interview, ABC News’ Dan Harris sits down with actress Leah Remini, who describes her fight against the Church, including her goal to have the organization lose its tax exempt status as a religion. The Church claims that the movement against it is a conspiracy led by a handful of people who spread lies for fame and money.

“Scientology: A War Without Guns” airs on”20/20” Friday, January 6 (10:01–11:00 p.m. EST) on ABC.

“20/20” is anchored by Elizabeth Vargas and David Muir. David Sloan is senior executive producer.

ABC News Media Relations

This girl is on fire!!

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I absolutely love this Brooklyn girl. LOL - they really messed with the wrong person.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I hope one day she comes after Watchtower when she's done with Scientology.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Yes it would be nice for the two groups come together in their fight. I'am surprised that no one here has tried to contact L. Remini....

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Thanks for the "heads-up"!

Leah Remini was in Scientology for most of her life before she experienced her own crisis of conscience and woke up.

She has NEVER been one of Jehovah's Witnesses, so why would she "come after the Watchtower"? As GREAT as she is on Scientology, she has no JW-cred.

The best we can hope for, I think, is that Leah and Mike ally with former members of other destructive cults like the Moonies (Steve Hassan) and the Dubs (Barbara Anderson) for example, and that this anti-cult coalition works to change the laws that give religious organizations the protection that permits these religions to persecute and torture former members of these cults.

• cha ching
    cha ching

thanks Gayle! I am so glad for the heads up, it was a very interesting watch.... especially when they interviewed the Monique, the lawyer for Scientology... So much like WT lawyers....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit