How many would leave the organization right now if the shunning rule was removed?

by HiddenPimo 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HiddenPimo
    HiddenPimo
    1. 10%
    2. 25%
    3. 33%
    4. 50%

Additionally - If this shunning rule was removed and everyone was made aware of the dirty secrets of the org.

(e.g. CSA-ARC / UN Membership / Malawi - Mexico contrast / etc.)

Would those leaving be higher?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

how many would leave if the watchtower changed doctrine over the new world and the resurrection ? i'm sure most dubs are only in it for the promise of everlasting life in the new world.

• zeb
    zeb

Some would leave fewer would enter. But like the last days of the Nazis some believed in that ideology no matter how much destruction was wrought around them and like the wt had a hit list of others to blame for it all.

By having a totally enclosed audience which denies anything on the outside of it and seeks nothing that does not come from within and generation x generation denies a broad education they the gb will ever have devotees to their teachings and their power.

My 10cents worth.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
  • sir82
    sir82

What time frame are you talking about?

I suspect around 10% or so immediately.

But then as time went on, and JWs began associating more & more with ex-JW family members & friends who are clearly doing far better in all aspects of life, the proportion would grow. The number who leave would probably reach 20 or 30% within a few years.

Which is precisely why this rule will never be rescinded.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

There would always be a portion that would shun whether it's official policy or not. Especially those who have spent their entire lives with that mindset. Over time, there would be a general relaxing which would lead more people to feel free to walk away. I'm PIMO and would walk away if I thought my family wouldn't shun me. Honestly, I'm pretty sure that most of them would not. My MIL definitely would which would bother my wife.

Immediately, I'm not sure it would even be 10% because the practice of shunning is so ingrained.

• new boy
    new boy

It's a wonderful question for sure!

Of course all the PIMOs would be gone immediately.

Sadly it has taken over 150 years for this beast to be created and it will probably take that much time for it to pass into oblivion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit