U.S. Politics on Australian news. Is it a correct summary?

by jonahstourguide 4 Replies latest social current

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Hi to all Americans.

I read this interesting summary of politics in the U.S. at the moment.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-01/us-politics-wrap-debt-ceiling-nancy-pelosi/100503466

Is it 'on the money' so to speak?

I ask because I often read reports of what's going on here in Australia in overseas media

and find they are more often than not skewed far from the reality.

jtg

• scary21
    scary21

Pretty much correct, I think.

They didn't mention that when Biden came out at the baseball game he was booed.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I watch Australian Sky News on YouTube. It seems spot on though admittedly aligned with the conservative side of the aisle.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It’s normal for politicians to get booed in the UK, even relatively popular ones. An exception was Jeremy Corbyn who was especially liked by younger people and famously welcomed on stage at a music festival. The establishment panicked. He was proposing fairer taxes, and services and utilities that served the needs of everyone, not the profit of a few. The establishment couldn’t put up with such “extremism”, of course, so he was vilified mercilessly by the entire media for years. I don’t trust the media in the UK to report accurately on the UK, never mind anywhere else. For the past couple of weeks the media, especially the BBC, has colluded with the government to send out the message that there won’t be fuel and energy shortages this winter: a sure sign that there will be fuel and energy shortages this winter.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

How about all the college games that are yelling fuck joe biden.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit