Russian award story in the St. Lucia Times. Almost 80 comments at the end! Pretty heated stuff.

by Sugar Shane 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sugar Shane
    Sugar Shane

Some of the pro-JWs are comparing the award reception to that of Shadrach, Messach, and Abendego. Therefore excusing it as perfectly acceptable in the eyes of God. That just seems a bit of a stretch to me, given that the JWs talk about political neutrality, ect. Here's the link

https://stluciatimes.com/2017/06/09/president-putin-gives-award-to-jehovahs-witnesses#comment-127834

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The three hebrew amigos vs Russian JW superbreeders? Yeah, I get that, cause, it's like, exactly the same thing.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Was I that dumb when I was a JW ? Sheeesh ,talk about clutching at straws to justify /rationalise a belief system.

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

I hear you Smiddy... the level indoctrinated people will go to to justify something is unbelievable. And it used to be us!

• Citizenfour
    Citizenfour

Why give the award to a Jehovah's Witness couple though? Surely there must be other non-jw parents with exceptionally good parenting skills.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

A number of other parents got the same award at the same time, only the JW gets touted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit