When the CO comes a knocking.

by Thisismein1972 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

I was going to reply to another thread, but thought this might deserve a separate topic.

My observations when I was a still in.

The announcement that Jesus Christ (the CO) is visiting our local KH.

Would anyone like to "volunteer" their time, money and accommodation for Jesus Christ.

All ass lickers of said KH come forward to receive Jesus Christ.

A concerted effort for ALL to be out in the ministry that week, along with panicking elders visiting homes of those who have not been at the meetings for at least a week, offering "encouragement" so that the number of attendance is up for the week visit.

The self righteous in the KH who would never speak to you (pioneers included) and look down their noses at you all of a sudden start to speak to you.

During the visit, the elders are on their best behavior, Thanking everyone who answers up. The pioneers are martyring themselves by making cakes and practically washing the feet of the Jesus Christ.

The attendance does rise, with studies being brought along, to show Jesus Christ what a good little JW they are.

Most indoctrinated JW's practically shoot each other to have a turn on the ministry with Jesus Christ!

Then Jesus Christ goes forward to roam the earth (drive off in a car provided by the watchtower from the funds of those who just had the week visit) and continue his ministry with his wife!

Everything goes back to normal. Attendance drops, those who look down their nose at you, resume this behavior, elders start browbeating and avoiding to help others.

The floor is open, I invite more comments on your observations.

P.S. Note the use of Jesus Christ. This is my observations on how the rank and file treat the CO when he comes to visit. I call it the Jesus complex.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

back in the day--we called him the circuit serpent.

• Saename
    Saename

I remember being 'encouraged' to go preaching with the CO once during his and his wife's visit. I was still a believer, so I thought, 'Why not? I'm sure I'll learn something from the freaking awesome CO [Jesus Christ]!' So I talked to the CO about going in service together, and he agreed. We then went to preach, and... I was like... what the hell? Sure, he wasn't shy to talk about his faith as some of the brothers. He was confident in preaching, just like me, and the elders, and many of other brothers and sisters. I noticed he was exactly the same. Nothing extraordinary. I couldn't understand why I was being pressured so much into going in service with him. Needless to say, I didn't learn a single thing from him. He wasn't some saint as he was portrayed.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

In the 23 years I was a JW, there was only one CO who I felt was somewhat of a role model to me. The rest were all narcissistic personality disorder cases. Worse, their wives were even more narcissistic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit