Chain of “truths”

by venus 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• venus
    venus

1) God gives more wisdom to Solomon to become the wisest ever lived on earth.

2) Using this higherwisdom, he solved a problem involving two women who claimed ownership of a child looking at the facial expression of the dishonest woman.* His ruling revealed that ‘a loving mother would not permit her child to be killed’ (1 King 3:27). This ruling reportedly rooted at the “higher wisdom” given to Solomon by God actually backfires on God whose core quality is love and yet He sent His son to be murdered for the betterment of mankind—a thing which no parents can teach their children because it would shock them.

3) If Jesus really came to be murdered and thus “to take away the sin of the world” (John 1:29), he would have used his superhuman skills to explain this incomprehensible teaching (killing the innocent removes the sins of the sinners). The only passing comment Jesus made on this is found in Mathew 20:25-28 which was ascertained by Luke as later adoption, hence Luke deleted the controversial verse (“son of man came to give his life as a ransom for many”) from his account. (Luke 22:25-27)

4) Even after the so called ransom was paid, sin continues to rule the world, and mankind continues to be under the slavery of sin for over 2000 years.

In this chain of “truths,” is there anything really truth? Aren’t rather they signs of human writing that arose out of thoughtlessness?

*What Solomon performed was not the sign of super-human intelligence. Listen to one historical account of a Prime Minister who solved a nearly impossible problem (narrated by my Professor when I was doing my clinical psychology in Capella University). ‘One ghee merchant had borrowed 500 gold coins from his colleague. But when it was time to repay his debt, he refused to do so and claimed he never borrowed the money. The merchant who had lent the money went to the Emperor Akbar for justice, who in turn assigned Birbal (His Prime Minister) to find a solution. Birbal listened to both sides, then asked for ten days’ time and sent both the merchants away. He then ordered 10 tins of oil. Each tin contained 10 kg oil and in two of them Birbal put a gold coin. Then he called all the ten merchants including those two merchants in dispute and gave each of them one of the tins saying, “Examine this oil carefully, determine the price and return them after three days.” But he ensured he gave the two containers with the gold coins to the two merchants whose case was pending. The merchant who had lent the money was an honest man and as soon as he found the gold coin, he returned the coin to Birbal. But his dishonest neighbor found the coin and did not return it to Birbal. Thus Birbal proved who was lying.’ Anyone who has keenly observed human expressions can detect deception by observing body language and microexpressions through the Facial Action Coding System. Just like babies have universal language of waving the face to reject food it does’nt like, humans have universal facial expressions that match with their deception.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

4) Even after the so called ransom was paid, sin continues to rule the world, and mankind continues to be under the slavery of sin for over 2000 years.

With the result of horrible diseases ,untold sufferings on all of humanity including children who don`t even know what sin is ,millions of children who die before the age of five years old through disease starvation etc. and a God who if he is to be believed has watched this for the past 2000 years and done nothing about it.

What is that saying about a being who witnesses evil and does nothing about it ?

Their is nothing in the Bible that would indicate that the Almighty GOD Jehovah /Yahweh is anyway more enlightened intellectually than a reasonably intelligent human being.

Thanks for posting this venus

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

I don't agree with most of the points you have mentioned above. However, regarding the following point:

He sent His son to be murdered for the betterment of mankind—a thing which no parents can teach their children because it would shock them.

What do you think about the fact the many parents send their children or support their child's decision to join the military, knowing that they are putting their child's life at stake? As they know that their child could die in the battlefield? All soldiers who die in the battlefield are innocent. More like killing the innocent to save our lives.

Do you consider this as parents sending their children to be murdered?

• waton
    waton
    Dw: "..All soldiers who die in the battlefield are innocent. More like killing the innocent to save our.."

No they are not, they go into battle with the express intent to kill. That is particularly true of invading armies, or worse deliberately attacking civilian targets. following such orders.

Post script: the chain of truth in the opening post is anchored in the talking snake story, without that hook, there is no loss, no buying back what was lost. The logic is lost on me.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Correct. If the ransom is paid the captive should be freed, at least as per God's standards.

It hasn't, which clearly proves that Christianity is fake.

• venus
    venus
    Drearyweather

You can't agree with this because you have heard ransom teaching many times and accepted it on the force of its repetition. Suppose you are hearing this for the first time, then think how reasonable it is, that would make the difference. This is how it was happened to me. I believed many things such as ransom teaching because others were believing it. But when I analysed as though hearing each belief for the first time, I had to shun many of them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit