My personal invitation

by Normalfulla 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• Normalfulla
    Normalfulla

So I got a message from my Auntie yesterday

Hi normalfulla , i was hoping id see you at the memorial this saturday 😊i miss you and the family. Please dont be one of the ones that give up right at the end. Even the world know that there's something going to happen they even hv songs on it.I miss seeing your happy face you are the only one that could help my family as well . I know there's heaps of others that miss you as well and what a joy it wld bring to us all if we saw you. Xoxo

My response

Oh hi Auntie 😊. 1st of all let me say thank you, I'm incredibly grateful to have such a wonderful, loving and fun bunch of family in my life, including you! U must be proud as a parent to have raised such genuine people. I am an honest person and so am sorry to say I won't be attending the memorial which I know may sadden you 😢. Many things for me didn't add up about what I was taught to believe so eventually I did independent objective research and found that "the truth" is not what it claims to be, in fact far from it... and that depressed me immensely but I had to do what was right for me and my family despite the heavy repercussions from questioning or disagreeing with the organisation. I know for you the belief that we will die soon in armageddon is almost too much to bear but please ponder the reality that there is evidence and proof that what is taught is not true.. I would be an idiot to condem myself and my beloved children to death just to miss some meetings and field service x x love you Auntie

Her response

Well normalfulla i know conditions are going to get pretty bad and I'd rather have Jehovah to rely on than man.

Poor lady, my cousins are all out and their relationship with their mum is only complicated by her WT delusion, none were baptised, at least they have a relationship with her but she is always always on at them to come back before armageddon, thankfully they all know ttat but keep it to themselves.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Wow what a beautiful, balanced reply you gave her. 👏 I know it's probably frustrating when you put so much into what you're saying and you only get a short, nonsensical answer like that. Just remember that she can only reply within the framework of what she knows, and that doesn't give much wiggle room. Still, what you said and just as important how you said it will likely stick, and maybe even be a catalyst to further investigation on her part in the future. Good luck to you and yours

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Fantastic response! The fear that is drilled into their heads is crazy. You handled it very well. All the JW's sound like a broken record. We get the same kind of blah, blah, blah from our family.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

Great response.

• zeb
    zeb

Hi all hope ye all be well.

When I get this "Havent seen you in ages"

I reply, .."Well I still live in the same house".

Re the incessant mention of the big "A"..etc

"I believe Jesus will make his second appearance and all that may go with that in his fullness of time but in the mean time I am living my life honourable, as best I can in to the benefit of myself and my family and all who my day touches."

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I miss seeing your happy face you are the only one that could help my family as well . I know there's heaps of others that miss you as well and what a joy it wld bring to us all if we saw you. Xoxo

I appreciate the sentiment but it seems like the only time anyone contacts me is when they presumptuously feel the need to remind me that they are saved and that they view me as someone who is condemned to death by God unless I do as they do. I believe their main motivation in doing so is more about them getting to feel extra virtuous about themselves rather than out of a real concern for me.

Well normalfulla i know conditions are going to get pretty bad and I'd rather have Jehovah to rely on than man.

People are wired to survive and feel safer when they think they are prepared for the unknowns in life. They typically are more willing to believe dire warnings about the future rather than trust that things will go along just as they have since the beginning of time. Every generation has had those individuals who gladly capitalize on this human tendency to fear the future. Everyone fearing the end, is afraid that it will come in their life time. No one worries about the end happening after they're gone. You may feel that you are relying on God and are prepared for the future when in reality you are relying on men who have convinced you and millions others for over the last 100+ years that the end is right around the corner and that a relationship with our creator is only possible through them alone even though such a claim is unprovable.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

You say all your cousins are out of da troof now, I'm thinking they were all raised in the lie, so my response would be " just like your children, I've decided to use the brain that Jehovah gave and did my research on the Organization and found out there are many things the JWs teach that just don't add up, for example, just about everyone knows the JWs don't take blood, but now it's acceptable to take blood fractions, the Bible has never changed, so what scripture says after all these decades it is now OK for JWs to take blood fractions?" So many other things I could mention to you, if you'd like me to go over a few things with you that don't add up within the JWs just let me know, thanks".

There are so many things you can point out to her, but of course if you wrote the above to her you would never hear back from her, the folks in the truth can't deal with the truth.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Normalfulla:

Your reply was kind and honest. Can't get better than that!

Atlantis!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit