Jw.org on PBS-utah

by nowwhat? 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
  • nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Interesting he said they pivoted from the preaching work to give people practical advice. Why?! If we are in the final minutes of the last day of the last days! Shouldn't we be warning them of their impending doom?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I am still waiting for the practical advice

• Magnum
    Magnum

OMG!!! So, he referred to helping people with practical advice concerning, for example, isolation, yet they isolate people who don't don't totally and unquestioningly accept what comes from the mouths of eight (or is it nine, now?) men.

So, they've shifted from the preaching work.... the all-important preaching work??? I agree with you, nowwhat, we're in the last minute of the last days, the end of the world is way overdue, and these guys are shifting from the warning work??? (Not that they were really ever warning in the first place.)

And, who are they to give practical advice? Why should anybody listen to them? The religion that has ruined countless lives is giving advice? JWs are some of the most screwed up people anywhere. It was always a huge problem whenever I and others I know had to do interviews for parts on assemblies/conventions. We couldn't find a normal person or family to interview in several hundred miles. Most of the normal ones were weak in the ministry or other "spiritual" activities, so we couldn't interview them.

Hendriks says they give advice on how to handle stress and worry. The religion that ruined my life and put me in the awful, stressful situation I'm in now is going to give advice on stress??? I'd literally like to have a few minutes with Hendriks and the Great Eight (or Nine) in a back alley.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Too funny, practical advice. Why not just be honest about what you're doing? JWs try to convert people, that's their aim. Anything less than that is pretense.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Interesting he said they pivoted from the preaching work to give people practical advice

Let your loved ones die if they need a blood transfusion--PRACTICAL ADVICE

Shun you children, husband, wife, parents if they don't obey the 8 old dudes in NY--PRACTICAL ADVICE

Pioneer instead of furthering your education--PRACTICAL ADVICE

AND MOST IMPORTANT-------HOW TO KEEP SECRET WHEN YOU DID THE UNTHINKABLE TO A YOUNG CHILD--------WE HAVE THE PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE TO NAVIGATE YOU THROUGH THIS.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Bobby Hendriks sure did nail it @ 2:05 in the interview where he says that 'many have turned to alcohol, alcoholism & self medication' to cope with the self isolation brought on by being cooped-up for the past year due to the pandemic.

Bobby has got to be speaking from experience. Bobby and all his fellow Bethelites have been confined, impounded & caged in their 600 to 800 square foot one bedroom studio-type cramped living conditions...not allowed to leave their apartments...not allowed to venture outside the WT compounds on penalty of being refused re-entry. Many a Bethelite has described it just shy of calling it...'like living in Hell'!

Me thinks that WT has its share of 'basket cases' throughout its 120,000 congregations and numerous branch compounds who in fact are heavily self medicating as Bobby admits to in this interview.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I am still waiting for the practical advice

Get rid of your "unrighteous riches", give WT your money. Forget about a good education, you do not need one to wash windows until the day you drop dead. If you can, apply for every government hand-out you are able to think of. Buy a lot of paper, and pencils to scribble out 'letters' to strangers telling them to go to the WT web-site to get the rest of life's answers. And most important of all, and it cannot be repeated enough or stressed enough, GIVE WT YOUR $$$$$.

Oh wait, I apologize, you said you were waiting for PRACTICAL advice.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

To think I bought into this crap for 40 years of my adult life. From what I seen all they did was do some cut and paste from government guidelines. Practical advice my arse!😠

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

I don't listen to the drones on pan handler radio. They are the epitome of fake news.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit