So called "Theocratic Warfare"

by Mysterious 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I've heard others talk about it but I've never been in the middle of it before until now. Mom was peeved at me for not being very theocractic (not doing anything wrong, just not being dub enough) and she started talking about how it was with my dad. She totally spun a tale to me about how he slowly drifted away. I *know* that's not true, he told me what happened! Apparently I'm not even allowed to know about my own father.

She also lied when confronted with a documentary on the pedophile issue. She said it hadn't made her RV stop studying, but that was the cause. I knew that but she lied to dad. When I told him what really happened we figure it was just another case of "theocratic warfare".

I'd love to catch her at it, especially the one about dad. It just makes me angry.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Hello Mysterious.

I was visiting my dad last night and we were making fun of the WBTS. I mentioned "Theocratic Warfare". He has been Df'd for 12 years and never heard of TW before.

Good luck catching her 'buring missles of Jah'.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

The teaching of "theocratic warfare" isn't mentioned very much in the new kindler, gentler Watchtower. In fact, it was used primarily in the 50's and 60's.

The reality, of course, is still very much alive. But I think that most Witnesses, except for those who've been around for a while or those who read old WT publications, are unlikely to be familiar with the concept.

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

Well, the dubs always say God doesn't condone war, so wouldn't waging "theocratic warfare" be hypocritical?

I know, I'm being a smart ass.

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Is there a new phrase to represent the concept?

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Mysterious I have a feeling things will sort out for you soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit