If you had two years to live what changes in lifestyle would you do?

by Chook 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• Chook
    Chook

Re-evaluating time and tying lose ends can be complex. Don't worry this chook won't go down without a fight. Just think if I had a short period of time I would let my hair down . I would certainly adventure into uncharted territory.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Are you ok mate?

Is this a hypothetical question, or have you been given some bad health news?

Much love!

• Chook
    Chook

Hypothetical stuckinarut2 , but life is only I a one direction trajectory. But aging does show signs of slowing.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Fair enough. Had me worried there mate.

Yes, life is finite. I see your point.

If I had 2 years, I would ensure that it was not wasted on unimportant stuff. Every day needs to be enjoyed...even the little things in life.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Stop working and travel more, perhaps spend more time with relatives I haven't really got to know very well.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

See India, Africa, New Zealand, Canadian Rockies, China ( I'm not a communist btw Morpheus), Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

If you had two years to live what changes in lifestyle would you do?

Other than preparing my loved ones for my early leaving them, not a thing. I love my life the way it is.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Retire early.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Chook,

In 2000 I was not given 2 years to live but got a talking to by a massive amount of doctors as to the collision course with death my life style was leading. At the time I was working minimum 60 to 70 hours per week (owner of the company), pretty much a single parent since dad would not have nothing to do with kids plus most if the time he did not work, in a very abusive marriage and the list goes on and on Plus just diagnosed with cancer.

Well the diagnosis was my wake-up call

Kicked the husband out

Very nicely asked 1/2 of my clients to find someone else

Sold the 4 story colonial in the city moved into 1/2 the space in the suburbs (kiddies were not so pleased at first)

Kids transferred from the ultra high priced private schools to public schools

Mom spent a lot more time with her kids!!!

Then 10 years later retired earlier then I had originally planned. Now I am enjoying my grand babies every day.

As of the check up last month cancer free 17 years.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I'd probably paint the house

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit