Pastor is charged with medical neglect of girl..Fundamentalist Christian sect

by James Mixon 4 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

BY Michael Rubinkam" The Associated Press" Reading PA...Interesting case, "He(pastor) was well aware of the fact that this child was in need of medical treatment and he never reported it, nor do I believe that he ever had the intention to report it," Berks County District Attorney John Adams, whose office is prosecuting Foster...Foster, 72 pastor of a Faith Tabernacle Congregation church in eastern Pennsylvania, was charged with felony this month under a state law requiring clergy members,teachers and other "mandated reporters" to turn the names of suspected child abusers over to authorities. the law makes no exception for clergy who happen to be related to the abused child. With a routine course of antibiotics, 2-year-old Ella Foster would have almost certainly beaten the pneumonia that took her life..

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll

And so another toddler is dead because she didn't have enough faith in the healing power of prayer. Oh well, she's in a better place and I'm sure her parents are now diligently working to replace her.

I hope that one day soon anyone who espouses belief in faith healing will be summarily sterilized. Believe in whatever wacko shit you want, it's your first ammendment right, but don't drag your kids into it!

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

What I found interesting "He was charged with a felony and under state law required clergy members, teachers and OTHERS to turn the names of suspected child abusers over to authorities.....

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

Here in Oregon another death from a faith healing church that already has two members in prison for failing to get treatment for a sick child. In this case, a newborn infant in obvious distress died after an at home birth.

Of course, the Witnesses are totally aghast at a church that would allow this to happen, and soundly condemning them.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

"the Witnesses are totally aghast" hypocrites!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit